Hi again Bowlingbun, I think Mum has a NHS Continuous Health Assessment. It's yearly if that's what you mean. If not, can you tell me what one is please and I can look into it. We don't have room for a dishwasher unfortunately. The kitchen is fairly small and the washing machine, tumbler, and one of...
Hi Bowlingbum, Yes, I do have a large industrial washing machine, thankfully and a very large tumbler. These do ease the pressure a little. We're not entitled to any free carers or help of any other kind unfortunately. I've been into this several times with social services. I presume their attitude ...
Hi Bowlingbum, It is controlled as I said by all the pills I take - approximately 20 a day! That's what makes me so bloody tired but its better than having fits every day. I only have them in my sleep but I usually wake up feeling groggy the next morning which lasts all day. That day I don't drive a...
Hi Jenny I know exactly what you're saying but it's so difficult to go and leave Mum. Firstly, being unemployed, I don't have a lot of money to spend on anything and unless I have a purpose to go out, like having my done as I did last week, it seems pointless driving about for the sake of it! This i...
Hi Natalie I'm glad to hear that you get out once a month to your book club. Do you not have Carers in to help with your husband? I have them for Mum and although life is still an uphill struggle, they are the only human contact I receive daily. They're an absolute godsend! They're all ages of about...
Hi Natalie, I know just how you feel. I've been caring for my Mum for 10 years now and feel like a prisoner in my own home. I've come to the point where because of her selfish attitude I find it difficult to love her any more. We used to be great friends and go to the London theatres together and va...
You're very lucky Ladybird to have cared for such a lovely sounding parent. I've been caring for my Mum since 2009 and she's becoming more selfish, irritable are tiresome by the day. She's been into respite once out of necessity due to operations on both legs. She was in for 6 weeks and I have to ad...
Hi there, Sorry I'm a newbie to this forum. Only joined today out of desperation! Anyway, I've been caring for my Mum for 15 years and it's really beginning to get me down. She nags me silly - she's 80 - for cups of tea, etc. It wasn't too bad at first but now she's incontinent which isn't too nice ...