I always come back for a PS! Regarding the Continuing Healthcare...I will still be amazed if Mum does get funding. I felt optimistic after the meeting, as the social worker was brilliant (as I said in my first post) and she and assessor were recommending Mum does get it but after speaking to the Con...
Thanks for another helpful reply Bowlingbun and for your kind words. I'm burning the midnight oil again (well beyond it actually! Was chatting on the phone late to a friend who is very supportive of all my problems. Felt very depressed tonight. Must go to bed after I've sent this post). It is the Co...
PS I don't want my mum to go into a nursing home but it doesn't mean I'm not worried about how we're going to cope when she comes home. I am very apprehensive, as it was hard enough before. At the same time, I am looking forward to having my dear, sweet mum home again.
Sorry I haven't replied to everybody's replies individually and thanks so much again to you all for taking the time to try and help me.
Thanks very much for another reply Henrietta and for sharing your experience with me and offering advice. Thanks very much to everyone else who replied as well. So sorry for your loss Bowlingbun. I hope you are coping. I didn't know the mattress was adjustable. I should ask them in the rehab hospita...
Still here and still ranting! Basically, the hospital bed isn't for Mum at all. It's for the carers. Mum has made it clear she finds it very uncomfortable and therefore, doesn't want it. She has to have it, in order to have carers come in. Therefore, it is for the carers and not for Mum. That can't ...
Hi Henrietta and thanks very much for your reply. I should be in bed asleep but everything is going around in my head. Sorry to hear your dad is so poorly and that you're in a similar situation to me. Mum has already had the full CHC assessment. OT said she'll stay in hospital until decision about f...
Hi there Thought I'd introduce myself first and then I have a question please :) I've been my mum's carer for a few years now, (brother did help for a while but he's moved out again now). I already lived with her before she got ill, as I have an illness too (ME/CFS. Mum was my carer for many years. ...