[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks Henrietta. Just thought it seemed strange, as bed is longer than standard single, I thought the mattress would be as well. The mattress was longer (but narrower) on the electric profiling beds my parents bought privately in the past and they had to buy special sized sheets for them. Do they h...
I still need to know size of mattress on hospital bed. What size is your dad's one Henrietta if you don't mind me asking? I find it hard to believe it's a standard single size if the bed is 7ft long. I need to know, so I can buy the right size linen for it. OT said other people have used standard si...
Hi Hilly

So glad to read your dad is settling in well. It must have been a very traumatic time for you.

I really hope you do get funding next time around. Good luck Hilly.
I don't want another lodger! Just got rid of the last one (brother!). I'll have to put up with it though.
Hi Henrietta I got to sleep in the end, probably just as you were waking up! Slept for about 4 hours. Not enough. Sorry you woke so early. So, it looks like we'll be facing our parent's discharge around the same time. They're not providing you with much help at all. I too can't imagine what they exp...
Hi Bowlingbun Unfortunately, it isn't up to us to decide between the 2 options. They are deciding which is the most cost effective for them. They have a certain amount of money allocated each week. Yesterday, she said the visits 4 times a day with 2 carers, plus overnight care was working out too ex...
Sorry to read about your problems with the meals Henrietta. Sounds like both your dad and CHC are taking you for granted. I don't know if the carer will be cooking meals. In fact, I don't know what their duties will be yet. All that was mentioned was help when Mum wakes in morning (an hour's visit),...
Can't sleep again...a million and one things going around in my head. I've not had a carer's assessment in the past Bowlingbun. An OT and social worker did tell me I was entitled to one but I never actually asked for one afterwards. That was the problem in my original post, the hospital OT just expe...
I had the first call from CHC worker today. She said she's been talking to sister of ward Mum's in and they are recommending 2 carers with 4 visits a day and overnight care. She said, that was going to be too expensive though and would we consider a live-in-carer. Once again, I am amazed. She said s...
Hi Hilly So sorry to read your dad was refused CHC. You probably already know but you can try again in the future. Unfortunately, it does seem to partly depend on who does the initial checklist and then the full assessment, how well they understand the health issues and whether they are prepared to ...