Hi Henrietta Typed a really long reply to you. Clicked on "preview" and lost the lot! Tried clicking back but it had gone. Too tired to type it all again now (slept even worse last night - 1 hour!). I'd copied some info about CHC for you as well, in case you haven't had full assessment yet (because ...
Hi again Henrietta I think you are wise not to complain at this stage. I forgot that you hadn't had a meeting with the agency yet. The situation sounds typical of the news stories. Carers rushing from client to client, poorly paid and not enough time to get things done. The agency I favoured doesn't...
Hi Henrietta Oh God, that sounds awful! Poor you! Did he have the infection before he left the hospital? They shouldn't have discharged him with such an infection, surely? I know what they're like though. What they call 'medically fit for discharge' is very different to what any sane person would ca...
Thinking of you Henrietta and your dad's discharge tomorrow.
That's awful Bowlingbun. So sorry you had to go through all that on top of everything else. This certainly is a cruel world at times.

Wishing you lots of luck with winning retrospectively.
Thanks Bowlingbun. Something to look into in the future. Not sure what Mum's toileting regime is going to be yet, as I haven't looked after her for 3 months and she's deteriorated whilst in hospital.

When I asked if your Mum got it, I meant did your mum manage to get CHC funding in the past?
Did your mum get it Bowlingbun?
As I just said to Bowlingbun, that will be a real blow to me not being able to use the bed pad to protect the sheet from leakages. That's terrible about that lady and her husband. I feel so sorry for all the people who are refused. It's criminal really. I don't know how they can refuse people who ar...
When my brother was helping out (he was living here for a while), I used to do the night shift, as my sleep pattern was all back to front anyway due to my own illness. Then he used to take over in the day until I got up. That was no way to live though, as I ended up sleeping all day and in the winte...
I have read about that Bowlingbun. You have a personal budget. The CHC worker didn't mention anything about it though. As I said, the call was very brief, with very little info given. Are they supposed to come and assess in the home then? Regarding the overnight care, that is what I found the hardes...