Current live-in has just remembered to tell me that there was a call about the hoist assessment before I was up. Said they're coming here tomorrow at 2.30 pm. Honestly, she should have remembered to tell me as soon as I got up or left a note. Once again, I said nothing though. It's great they are co...
The agency called me back this evening. I was very surprised! As I expected would happen, they are sending a temporary live-in carer tomorrow. She will stay until Sunday, while they organise a new 'permanent' one. At least the temporary one is someone we know and we did like her. She was very kind a...
Many thanks for your replies Bowlingbun and Eun. Wow 200 care workers Eun?!? I wonder how long a period that has been over? Seven sounds like nothing in comparison! Are you talking about community care workers though? We've already had many different ones of those assisting the live-ins. Continuity ...
PPS One final rant and then I must get some sleep whilst Mum is sleeping:- Tonight, I went up for a soak in the bath. I asked Mum before I went if she wanted to get into bed first (as 2 of us needed). She said she'd wait until after my bath. Mum is very rarely out of bed these days but managed it fo...
Mum has advanced Parkinson's Disease, Dystonia, a serious shoulder injury and other problems. I was caring for her on my own up until April, when she was admitted to hospital. She came home in August with a care package, as I was unable to cope alone any longer. Since then, we've had 6 different liv...
As you say, you've done everything possible. Well done.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Annoying when they do that.

Neurologist kept a letter I showed him from other neurologist recently. I emailed his secretary about a week later and asked if she could send it back to me. She did.
PPS At the meeting, assessor asked me if I had documents from paramedics from each time Mum was taken to A&E before she was admitted. They did give us a copy each time but do you think I could find them? I still don't know what I've done with them. So, if you have your dad's, you could include those.
PS Mum still in rehab. Not heard anything since I phoned CHC worker last Thursday. Maybe we'll hear something tomorrow.
Hi Henrietta So sorry for delay. I'm probably too late to comment about your preparations for the assessment now but I'll reply, just in case you still haven't had it yet. I included relevant letters from Mum's various neurologists, her spinal MRI scan report, (that I managed to get hold of through ...