How awful Bracken and ridiculous as you say. I hope they did turn up in the end. I would say better late than never if they did but with some of these care workers that isn't true! Temporary live in left yesterday, (the one we liked who used to live in just at weekends) and new live in arrived in he...
Hi again Bracken

Sorry for the midunderstanding.

I hope it all works out for you and your parents.

All the best.
Hi Henrietta Thanks for your reply. Good to hear from you again. That's just how I feel, 'better the devil you know' (I said about my fear of 'jumping from the frying pan into the fire' earlier). When you're not in control of which agency is chosen, you could very easily end up 'in the fire'! So gla...
Hi Bracken I'm really sorry to hear you've had such poor service from agencies and I don't blame you for bailing out. That's what Mum and I feel like doing but unfortunately, we can't cope alone. I agree with you that the zero hours contracts are mostly to blame for the lack of loyalty. We wouldn't ...
Hi SheWolf Many thanks for your reply and for your concern. I've already explained the reasons I don't want my mum to go into a nursing home. There is very little training for the problems posed by advanced Parkinson's Disease in the mainstream medical profession, let alone the nurses/carers in nurs...
Hi I_1512 I think it's appalling that your GP is not taking your suicidal thoughts seriously. It's also appalling that the hospital discharged you without any follow up care. You've probably already read the support pages for suicidal thoughts and what to do in a crisis on the Mind website but if yo...
Sorry, meant to say how awful that is about your son's acquaintances. Really scary how much power these people have. Thanks for info Bowlingbun. Have just had another run in with current care worker. Will be relieved when she's gone tomorrow. Like last night, she called me from the bathroom. Had jus...
Social worker did scare me with this before. Was just explaining to me a worst case scenario but it scared me all the same. They can take a 'best interests' decision if the person lacks capacity. Mum is getting more and more confused as time goes on. My brother and I do have health and welfare power...
Hi Bowlingbun and thanks for another helpful reply.

Do you mean it's a possibility CHC would provide a waking night carer and not push for Mum to go into a nursing home instead?
Hello again Eun. So sorry to hear of your son's illness. I can well understand you not wanting live-in carers. I don't like having strangers taking over our home. That's what it feels like anyway. I can also understand the timing issue. With our package, we were supposed to have 4 drop in visits fro...