[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I agree that forums like this one are great. However, I get two main things from the carers support group that I don't really get from here. <br/> <br/> The first is face to face communication with real live people (something I get precious little of) - networking online is fine but tapping away ...
For me, one of the most useful things about the carers sessions is being able to meet up with other carers and chat. It's great to be able to talk to others who actually understand where you're coming from, are not judgemental and don't 'glaze over'. Being a long term carer has left me socially isol...
<t>OK, so not all carers can get to carers sessions. But this is not a reason not to have them. Our area currently has a meeting appropriate to me once a month and I go when I can. I have had lots of support and learnt lots of very useful information which I have then been able to pass on to other p...
I agree Eun. My son is now 21 and it seems that nearly everything I read about is for older people.
Sorry, I seem to have strayed from the original topic. But that's the thing, everything is interlinked.
<t>Hi AspieMum,<br/> I can see you have strong feelings on this matter and I agree. My child needed 1 to 1 support so child minders were out of the question. The Special Needs school tried to set up a before and after school club but funding was only available for set-up costs. After that it had to ...
Hi Nicola,
Welcome from another fairly new member. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on setting up a business but I too love crafts. Cardmaking (just for my own use) has kept me sane all these years! Image
<t>Hi bublefan70,<br/> I am sorry to hear about your situation. As far as I am aware, I don't think there is a difinitive list of carers responsibilities. Basically, it can be anything that the cared for person needs or wants doing that they can't do for themselves. I expect that if you asked a grou...
Hello everyone, Although I have been a carer for my disabled son for many years, I am new to Carers UK and fairly new to forums. I know that there is always a new challenge around the corner when it comes to caring and it is good to share experiences and support. Hi to you all and hope we speak soon...