[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Thanks. I had only considered that I may need Financial Advice - if they're to succeed in getting this bungalow we'll have to move fast but I'll try to get some legal advice too. Any pointers on what I should be wary of? I usually only get legal advice from trading standards or moneysavingexpert ...
I didn't really explain that properly (sorry) - my sister's idea is that she buys the bungalow and Mum moves in there with her. The bungalow is adapted for a disabled person
<t>Things have taken a different turn. The authority has been out and agreed adaptations to the house - which will go ahead in about 3 months.<br/> Meanwhile my sister wants to make an offer on a bungalow in West Wales - but cannot proceed without help. It has been suggested that I 'buy Mum out' and...
My sister wants to try a RollaRamp (I can't recall if including weblinks is allowed on this site) has anyone had any experience of RollaRamps?
Thanks
J
<t>The latest is that Mum would prefer to have the downstairs converted so that it includes a bedroom and shower. She said they can convert the downstairs loo so that it can be a shower room too.<br/> The authority are (hopefully - very soon) going to call and assess her needs. Mum says that they ha...
I spoke to the Authority and it sounded as though they intend to sort the modifications soon. They told Mum that is is being processed 'even as we speak'. Let's hope...
<t>Things have taken a turn for the worse. The stairlift (and lift out the back) were to be installed as Mum has been finding it very difficult to get up and down stairs but, this weekend, she has found that she is unable to use the stairs and is going to remain downstairs tonight (sofa-bed to be us...
<t>No - no mobility component unfortunately as she has been advised that it is only claimable if claimed before age 65.<br/> I am very cautious (nervous even) in respect of who to deal with when purchasing a car. I'm not sure if we'll bother at the moment as it's an idea which she was keen on yester...
<t>Mother is now considering that, once access to and from the house is made easier, she may wish for some independence. She may well choose an electric wheelchair and will want to be able to drive it into a car - or, somehow, get back behind the wheel of a car. Her Yaris is parked outside the house...
Thanks for all the advice - I'll bear it in mind. I had thought that today was going to be a bad one (after yesterday) but it's been OK