[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Occasionally I dream that Mum is shouting or crying with frustration or upset - this wakes me. When I wake I am instantly aware that Mum is not shouting or crying and I go back off to sleep. I suppose I have to assure myself that she is OK before I go to sleep to reduce the possibility of such dream...
Dear All - I just need to pick your brains again. Mother's mobility has deteriorated further (as the consultant said it would) and she is no longer able to use her zimmer frame. I don't think she will ever use her perching stool either. Are aids which are no longer used collected by the NHS or does ...
Thanks for that. She has the pull on type for a couple of years but now finds them difficult. She feels that the bra angel would be very fiddly - but she might have a go at the front fastening type. Thanks again!
Cheers
J
Hi Guys! It's been a while since I logged in but I need to pick your brains (again). Mother usually dresses herself without any assistance (besides needing a hand to hitch up her trousers) but she is finding it difficult (or impossible) to put on a bra. She usually uses some elastic type bras. This ...
<t>The LTC Day's Mobility Scooter Charger has gone on the blink. The LED needed persuading before it would illuminate the last time I charged the battery - I had to plug the mains plug in a few times before it would work. Now it will not charge (there still some power left in the battery). As the fa...
Hello Newbie

Sorry to hear that you've suddenly had to take on caring. Welcome Aboard and Best Wishes.

J
<t>I just realised that it's a long time since I logged on for a quick rant. This one may even make some of you laugh. Caring can be really hard sometimes and - well - some light relief has to be a good thing.<br/> I'm casting my mind back to some years ago when mother's mobility was starting to bec...
<t>Hey guys - time for me to log in and fire my latest query at you all. Whatever - I hope you're all doing well - happy sunny (coldish) Sunday to everyone!<br/> Mum finally went out with her Invacare Power Wheelchair (the remote control is numbered REM 24 SD). It seems quite handy - I wouldn't like...
<t>We have Peugeot Partner now - ramp and winch installed. It seems a nice car though it will certainly take some getting used to. My speciality is pressing both the accelerator and brake together as I'm not used to the position of the pedals - I think they're closer together than I'm used to and al...
Yes - thanks for that - it made me smile. I'm sure that poems are allowed - though I'm not a moderator. A little poetry now and then, especially when it makes one smile, lightens the day a bit.
Cheers. J