[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I would definitely fast track continuing health care. Quite often Nhs will set up refusals and then you will need to appeal. It can take months...which will also bide time for you and give you the excuse to delay matters until your 60. Box clever because these organisations aren't fair and won't ca...
In any case, you shouldn't need to sell the house, because the total liability is only going to be fees for a few months. Make sure you gather together all mum's financial paperwork. I recommend a lever arch file and some Mylar dividers, then putting everything related to one subject, gas, water, e...
Thanks for that.
I have now contacted Age Cymru and Parkinson'ss.org and my union.
I am 59.
Yes - a longer term care plan is anticipated and we're having a meeting today. NHS Continuing Healthcare is a factor (though I don't know a great deal about that) I'll have to have a look at that soon
Looks like my days for caring are over, As a carer for my mother (who has MND) who has to manage his own condition (Parkinson's disease) I gave up my job - settling for ill health retirement. The same weekend that my employment was terminated mother was rushed into hospital (22 December). After a fe...
Yes - word of the diagnosis travelled fast. The last time 'suggestions' were made I said "I have to go out. Must fly." Due to mother's condition she finds it very difficult to speak but, while my ears were not burning while I was out, when I returned there were no further helpful suggestions - I hop...
I have looked after my mother for years – providing more and more care as her condition deteriorated. Even though we have carers 4 times a day it can still be very intense and a bit non-stop and stressful on so many levels (sorry if I’ve repeated stuff from previous posts and told you things which y...
Hello to everyone and wishing you all a happy Friday! Of course - the weekend may not make that much difference to carers as it's not as if we get the weekend off. Sympathy to anyone who has given up their career (or may have to). It looks like I am about to give up work. I suppose you have to someh...
Even more off topic but 3 or 4 years ago mother would transfer herself from her bed to a wheelchair and then to the stairlift - making her way down stairs unaided. One morning when she was later than usual getting herself down stairs one of the carers started asking me some searching questions. I gl...
bowlingbun - sorry if I did not make it clear but the carers which were booked to attend in 2017 continue to attend presently. Thanks

Honey Badger - some interesting suggestions giving me a lot to consider. Thanks
I suppose I don't have much time off. It was a relief when professional carers were booked to call 4 times a day in 2017. Thursday afternoon Mum goes to a hospice - that's 3 hours free. A couple of weeks ago Mum was rushed into hospital (and was kept in for 5 days) as she couldn't stop coughing - ev...