[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Through all the beating my head against walls (daily) and the constant struggle against guilt and depression, there are days when the crap my dad says can be real comedy genius or like a cryptic clue in a telly panel game when you have to describe something without saying the actual word for it and ...
Hi Christine, I can empathise with the constant calling - I go through that periodically with my dad, although in his case it's calling on the phone because I live about an hour away from him. His calls were nearly aways for inane things - moaning because he hates Eastenders, telling me he'd had a c...
Hi Mohammed,

Just wondered how you and your family are doing after your sad loss?

Often the period of adjustment where you are reconsidering your role post caring can be a strange and frightening one, so I hope you're all doing OK.
My 90yr-old nana has vascular dementia and has been in a care home since last summer. Whenever she gets an infection, whether it's urinary or respiratory, she always loses all interest in eating at all. When she's "well" she often doesn't eat properly because she's easily distracted and if one of th...
Devil's advocate. - Maybe she didn't know what to do about him saying he was going out? Maybe she hadn't been instructed as to whether he was safe to go out on his own or not and thought that not putting on his shoes was a good way to delay him until she had found the answer? The carer should have ...
Well, the latest - Dad had a row with one of his carers today because she refused to help him put his shoes on! He wanted to pop out and get his hair cut so he asked her to help him on with the shoes and she said she couldn't because she doesn't know how to do that particular type of shoe (it's not ...
I've gone out without them :mrgreen:

Did promise to bring them back a couple of the buns they like, though... If I don't eat them in the car...
I do enjoy being made to feel like the wicked witch of the flaming west because I had the audacity to grumble when my mother-in-law didn't tell us till the last minute that she had the hairdresser coming when we'd made plans to go out for breakfast. I got the full works including "You've no idea how...
Hi Guys, Thank you for all the support last week. D'ya know what? It was OK. I had breakfast with my partner on Xmas morning and opened his and his mum's presents with them. I then drove to my dad, took him to the crem, made his lunch and watched him open his presents. I then went to my nana's care ...
PS: Whilst I'd love to take credit for hospital and/or A&E work, that's not the emergency service I'm in and I'm support-based rather than frontline, so it's my colleagues that deserve the credit, not me in my warm (or freezing depending on how broken the heating systems are this week) office, with ...