[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
That's it. She's had the full riot act read. We had tears. We had denials: "I wouldn't have done that. I couldn't have done that. I'd never do that," so we showed her the evidence in black and white on the online banking statements. We had "But I already paid that back..."s (more online evidence to ...
Thank you for all your assistance, everyone. There are certainly a lot of things to consider there. I've noticed my mother-in-law seems to have been on a bit of a self-destructive spiral for a few years now. Twenty years ago, she had a hell of a lot of money, her health, her dream house, her husband...
Thanks everyone. In the last hour or so, my partner's mum has actually asked me for my help - she's managed to get herself into a very big muddle with money: basically she's always been quite fond of the TV shopping channels, but just recently that has got completely out of control. She's lost track...
I had a very forthright conversation with my partner last week where he basically told me he doesn't want to do this any more at all. He feels like his life is sliding away from him (he'll be 50 next year) and like he is achieving nothing. I've suggested to him that we should get a carer's assessmen...
In short summary, they own the house outright (no mortgage), 50/50. Partner's only income is CA, his mum's is DLA and state pension. She and I pay the household bills (inc. food) between us and he keeps his CA. As I'm the only one who can drive, I pay for the car and do all the jobs that require a c...
Hi Melly,

In all technicality, I live with them (my partner and his mum own the house jointly), a fact of which my partner's mum frequently reminds me if I ever suggest or say something she disagrees with.
Hello everyone and Happy New Year. This is my first post here, I'm Tracy, from Oxfordshire. I'm not a carer myself in the strictest sense, but my partner cares full-time for his mum, while I work full-time to support us and pick up the slack. I've found being the partner of a carer brings its own un...