[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I know from my Thorpe Bay / Shoeburyness days it was a major issue for all local gp surgeries Small world :) Your not missing out on much. I didn't even know evening and weekend appointments were a "thing". That should tell you all you need to know about the area since you moved on, lol What servic...
Of course, perhaps it would be preferable to spend the money that is going into designing 'carer robots' into medical research to prevent dementia and age-related-infirmity in the first place! Theres no profit to be had in prevention/cure which is why we're in the midst of an opoid addiction crisis...
I feel like you are being kept from certain information about your mothers health there is no way a healthy person should be expected to take a loved one home in that condition never mind somebody dealing with what you are faced with and I'm very sorry you are being made to shoulder this when you sh...
With respect Michael I have.. but I'm not exactly prepared to speak out about it and deal with slander/libel claims from the hospital's legal team right now either (assuming no anonymity), I don't have the resources let alone energy to fight on another front. I wholeheartedly agree with Chris, and b...
We just use a slim (but sturdy) fold-able partition which safely goes out of the way of anything/one when not in use and a shower curtain which were mostly for privacy as theres not as much mess/water run off as you would think there would be.. certainly not anything a few seconds with a mop can't h...
Sorry to sound repetitive but do get in touch with CUK (check the main site for email/phone numbers) or similar organizations positioned to give you advice on whats what as the majority of us can only draw on our own experiences with the system and as you can imagine mileage varies as every set of c...
So, what thoughts do you have? Where would you like to go? What would you like to do? I'd say it is an open question because there is a world of difference between I'm actually able/wanting to do now to what my needs/wants are going to be 20+ years down the line and theres no certainty to when that...
but qualifications are always worth doing. Cannot put enough emphasis on this, investing in yourself is the most sensible form of investment. It is not just about the practical side of obtaining them but the self confidence and sense of achievement when you get there because you are awesome how you...
Nearly threw a 22 stone male care worker down my stairs some years back when we first started having them if that counts.. they turned up at 11pm for a 7pm bed call for a ground floor caree and ended up in my bedroom (I was asleep, they woke me), I mistook them for intruders as they were not properl...
Fathom a guess it would be something along the lines of replacing empty calories with more filling food, reducing the need to fill up on naughty stuff.. though you'd still be able to eat such things just in moderation (treats) as most clubs are like that with point based system for different types o...