[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Sounds like you did not have much of a say at all. You need to sit down with your husband and discuss this. I can understand that he is going to be scared for his mother because this could be a new thing he has never dealt with before.. but this is exactly why he must acknowledge you have lived thro...
Hello Joanne and welcome, Please don't ever apologise, I'm relieved that you are doing a little better this morning. if you feel up to talking about the situation when you get a moment whether its is dealing with the system or something completely different we're here. If you ever find yourself feel...
Sorry I can't offer something more concrete, but be weary when they say "accessible" as this can mean literally just that you can get the wheelchair in the door (and does not extend to the bathroom facilities etc) On a side note if you have to use taxis don't assume they are all wheelchair friendly ...
They will never simply let you "move in" to a care home, unless you are either self-funding, or your health is at such a state the move is imminent anyway (and only then if you are fortunate enough somewhere happens to have room at that exact moment) Rest of the time its almost never a choice... the...
Forum hates me today, Sounds like because it is "undiagnosed dementia" they can't treat her father as lacking capacity because they probably did not bother taking the time to actually have somebody assess it, all they care about is discharging so thats what they have done. Its wrong and the poster s...
It sounds like your father should not had been discharged so hastily to begin with. I would get him taken back in citing an unsafe discharge Don't let them send your father home until they have properly diagnosed him, established level of capacity (or lack of) and properly assessed care needs, put i...
Replying under the assumption of full capacity on the part of your father - this part is important Best interests vs personal wishes, complicated when loved one retains capacity under the MCA to make an informed decision on where they live. More so when the wishes of that person will actually cause ...
Morning guys! Well as expected my sons PIP assessment scored nil points (Autism)..no surprise there really...yes of course I will appeal for him etc...just a question..my carer s allowance has ceased and also im working part time and will earn more than the £110 to still claim it but Im sure ive re...
Forum ate my original post so heres take two You have to understand their mentality towards others. I don't say this to be cold or horrible but just to encourage understanding the mentality of the people who create and subsequently enforce the policies in play here, and on a wider scale the impressi...
Your family (and child especially) must come first, that includes yourself - easy to forget the last bit! With the upmost respect implied it is not for your father to decide if your mother has carers or not, it is her decision. Only if she is not able to make an informed decision for herself on grou...