[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
They do that down here with the supervision part. I suspect it is a standard thing. You aren't even aloud in the building, you have access via the service entrance and sit in the garden. I'd imagine this will all go away again soon due to the resurgence in cases (notably an outbreak in a large local...
bowlingbun wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:51 pm
I think the service is entirely unfit for purpose.
I came to the same conclusion, their stance is to assume in all matters the council is right until proven otherwise and even if you catch them metaphorically with their hand in the biscuit tin it will be disputed
I never intended to insult or offend anyone No absolutely not! you have neither insulted or offended anyone at all we're all about the love :) My initial reply was in the context of applying for the grant as an unpaid carer, clearly as you have part time employment as a paid care-worker as well thi...
I really hope I am wrong but I am not sure unpaid carers are covered/eligible for this scheme. Is this the one? https://gov.wales/social-care-workforce-special-payment-scheme#section-47873 Volunteers and unpaid carers are not included in this scheme, which is aimed at paid employees of registered ca...
Can't comment on the discretionary payments, However I would say, the council does have their own discretion when it comes to exempting a property, in this case your mothers home from care fees. You should think about applying for CHC for Mum, which unlike support from social services is not means t...
First thing I took away from your original post was that is domestic abuse.

He does not have to had been physically violent with you, the threat of use of violence is sufficient.

I hope you are able to get some actual help with your situation. You should not be living this way.
Another thing which really needs to be thought about is DNACPR (do not resuscitate order) Not to imply that there should or should not be one, but that this situation needs to be talked about and there needs to be a clear instruction on what to do, if this situation were to occur based on Mum's wish...
Frank, I think it was Socrates that said the first step on the road to wisdom is admitting we know nothing. We do not know what will happen next with our loved ones But what we do know is something will happen eventually from a variety of different outcomes so we try to plan for those. And of course...
Also cashless is easier to keep track of, so it makes financial auditing more transparent, which is a good thing for everybody, especially if it is for a family member who has their finances done on their behalf due to capacity, reduces the chance of dodgy dealings when you aren't around, and so on
P.s. I changed my user name on the off chance my friend would recognise this as me and be hurt at me moaning! Just checking in, I hope you are both able to sit down and have a talk, and start moving towards accessing outside help for your friends mother, you both have lives of your own. On a side n...