[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
my friend who I am caring for is having flashbacks from their past got bullied at school, she is finding it very difficult to cope with this. I am not defending her but I think that's why she behaves badly, gets in moods, depressed etc What can be done about it, she has been in mental health service...
Why am I bothering to look after this rude and ungrateful friend, it seems a lot of us are looking after rude and ungrateful people. Low self esteem yes, how does one break away? how does someone dump a friend when they have so many problems and no one helping them? yes I realise it's not my respons...
I was going to post exactly the same, I am looking after my friend who whatever I do they are not happy ranting and raving at me. Basically you need a break from caring and some good support, a bit of me time, you are doing like you say everything for your mum but you just can't do everything would ...
How do you qualify, what state do you need to be in, my friend can do very little herself, don't know anything about this assessment no paperwork. No district nurse and I don't think there ever has been, that's one of the problems in and out of hospital, but left just coping, something happens and b...
A friend who I help has multiple health conditions really bad needs more care, someone suggested continuing Health Care, an assessment was done which she didn't really understand. The 2 staff said you don't qualify and that's it. My friend clearly needs more care, a relative is staying at the moment...
Hi
Can someone one give me the email address for carers uk, I have looked all over the site and can't find it, tried the phone number a few times but busy.
A few members have said easier to email, if it's a complex query.
Thank you
Hi I am unpaid caring for a man with a lot of issues, physical health and depression, the doctor has done very little about his depression. I think because of this he has problems expressing him self his wishs. Been told he is eligble for a Care Act Advocate, I just think he needs a bit more help an...
Hope someone can help Person I am caring for has been financially assessed and been told they have to pay for care themselves, as they have sufficent funding, They are single living on their own, living in council house, no savings shares etc. I thought you had to have over £20,000 of savings to hav...
Been unpaid caring for a while and hearing many tales from disabled people, that the paid carers are not allowed to do this job or that job. A disabled lady I know asked her carer to move some pot plants into her conservatory protect from the frost, straight away oh we are not allowed to do that. An...
Hi New carer here well actually been caring for a while, I have been told that the person I am looking after should have safeguarding, I haven't a clue what that means. Looked through their care plan provided by the Social Services but nothing about Safeguarding. What should be happening, who should...