[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I had a carers assessment a few months back and honestly though it was pointless.<br/> <br/> The lady was nice, all 'oh it's hard being a carer' etc.<br/> <br/> I asked about holiday vouchers, told they no longer do them. All that was available to me was 5 hours respite care a week. I call the se...
I was hoping someone might have had some ideas as well as I'm looking to earn some extra cash working from home, preferably using my computer. I'm hoping to build up some money as, since my father died, I've started to realise that my mam may not last too much longer. And I can't see me getting a j...
<t>I know I should be able to receive it, all I can do is tell you I've applied several times and been denied every time.<br/> <br/> I can't get a job, my mum needs 24 hour care. I'm not looking for a get rich quick scheme, was hoping maybe someone knew of jobs I could do from home etc.<br/> <br/> T...
<t>Thanks for the replies. I have been to the CAB and had an assessment from CUK. I live with my mother so no spouse and don't work. CAB said I'm claiming all I'm entitled too. CUK assessment was, TBH a waste of time. <br/> <br/> But anyway, I take it from the replies nobody has any idea's for me?</t>
<t>Basically looking for money making tips.<br/> <br/> I've been caring for my mother since childhood, now 32. Suffering from back issues myself and in desperate need of a new mattress. Now a decent pocket sprung mattress will set me back about £250. And I just don't have it. <br/> <br/> Only income...
<t>Your care is worth £157,680.00 a year.<br/> <br/> Pity the government think we're worth 32p an hour, while they're lounging in their second and third homes, driving expensive cars and eating at expensive restaurants.<br/> <br/> The longer I do this job, the more bitter I get about it. Sad, but tr...
Excellent thank you.

I am included on her form but I wasn't sure if it was per person or per house.

She is the sole owner, and I am included in her claim form. I was just worried I was going to be hit with a massive bill lol.
<t>Not sure this is the right place to post this so please move if I've posted in the wrong place.<br/> <br/> I have never gotten any sort of letter asking me to pay council tax.<br/> <br/> I receive carers allowance only, no other income.<br/> <br/> My question is, should I be paying? Should I call...
though Im in Australia I know exactly how u feel. Ive been a carer of various family members for 20 plus years. on the carer ( pittance) now my health is falling apart but i am still a carer. thers no help for people like me /us. Carers arent workers so we have no unions to fight for us. The govern...
Thanks for the replies.

It's nice to find people who understand how hard it is to be a carer. Most people think it's easy, you're just looking after someone who's not well. How hard can it be?

It's refreshing to have people understand that it is hard.