[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>ours turned up as usual, the only time they didn't was when we had some flooding.<br/> Funny though, as only one of the three routes into the village was flooded - but apparently they didn't know those main roads, and they didn't have a map!<br/> <br/> and the usually unreliable commmunity day ca...
<t>well, I did get an award...now I just have to find respite!<br/> Hubby was so thrilled for me, he enjoys respite, says its a holiday for him too. And an added bonus is I get to take my sister as well.<br/> It makes it all worthwhile when you realise that someone values what you do, so DOrOthyG yo...
<t>What a great solution..however, it is worth noting that here we have what's called a non emergency paramedic team which we can call on for pick ups from a fall, with no aparent injury.<br/> I used them so many times while my OH was still using our upstairs bathroom. Wonderful people they are too....
<t>our care was means tested, and without going into detail, I can't understand how you are expected to pay £14 an hour. Our only income is a works pension, albeit a fairly decent one, and yet we only pay a contribution of £46 a month. I would seriously question a proper assessment of care nee...
<t>This agency is being paid through DPs, but as Eun said, you can only use an agency approved by SS.<br/> But we have not had any problems with the other agency we use for evenings, but they cannot provide morning care.<br/> we have also had no problem with funding through DPs - not for daily care,...
but if I don't use an agency, what is the answer? with my own health problems I cannot lift my hubbie myself - do I go down the road of a PA, with all the hassles of employing someone myself?
<t>the problem I have is that hubby has MS, which makes him so tired, so if he's awake at 8am, he'll sleep most of the afternoon in his wheelchair, which means he get backache,neckache, and feels he has missed the day. He quite happy to sleep later, as he never has problem sleeping in his bed, as he...
<t>Hiyah, reading your post was like myself ten years ago. my hubbie has MS, diagnosed over 20 years ago.<br/> Its a devasting illness, especially on the loved ones - we went through disbelief, tears, rage, ranting and more tears. <br/> I hate to use the word - but, we are now more resigned. <br/> M...
yes, the agency was found by our social worker, as it was the council who were forcing us to change, I rather left t to them to find a replacement.
I'm going to talk to the agency on Monday to see if I can get them to change the times.
<t>so, as the Council is closing its in house care, we have a new agency starting next Tuesday. They were given times and duties, as Hubby gets very very tired so usually is gotten up about 9.30am and 10 at weekends.<br/> Yesterday I get a phone call to say, sorry, can't quite do those times - but w...