[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Where do you find time to go to a carersgroup I'm lucky the PRT have a group in my local community centre once a month and as I work there it makes things a bit easier. I also now use some Direct Payment hours to allow me to go to meetings - that makes everything a whole lot easier as it's time out...
Where my hubbie goes to day care, they held a meeting once a month for carers. It was held at the same time every month - a wednesday, when my hubbie wasn't at day care. I asked them to alternate the days, but to no avail. Sadly, as the centre is due to close, the group folded.
some of you never cease to amaze.....I truly believe there ARE angels.

maybe the halos slide occasionally, but they are still angels...
<t>Don't budge on the care package.<br/> My hubbie has had MS for 25 years, he retired 6 years ago, and was using sticks to move around the house. We applied for help with a stair lift, but to no avail. Then he had a relapse, it did not require him to go into hospital, but he couldn't climb stairs, ...
<t>in two weeks, Staffordshire Council is holding a private meeting, ie just for clients and carers, on the three options for residential, respite and day care.<br/> Option 1; everything stays the same.<br/> Option 2: half close, and everyone gets squeezed into remaining facilities.<br/> Option 3: b...
<t>CB..your thoughts on your mother are exactly how I feel about mine. She is now in a residential home, but even when I do have the time to see her, when Hubbie is at daycare, I find it very painful...she was the strong, capable, loving mother...now, when I need her love the most, she isn't there f...
<t>I read that article and your replies with tears in my eyes...my problems fade into nonexistence.<br/> But I am left with that underlying thought that bugs me all the time...when is it my turn? Yes, it may be selfish and self centred..or it just may be the desire to HAVE a life, to have some me ti...
you and your family will be in my thoughts...
Wonder if anyone here has received the booklet from SCC detailing their proposals for closing all respite and day care centres?
<t>Hi everyone<br/> anybody got any tips for cleaning non slip flooring in my hubbie's bathroom. We only had it built last year and I can't seem to get the wheelchair marks off the floor. Its that kind of bubbly surface and it tears all mops to shreds. About the only thing that works is a scrubbing ...