[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Has your mother been assessed for respite beaks, my husband was assessed as needing 6 weeks per year, and so we decided on 3 weeks with local council care, and 3 weeks Direct Payments money to spend where we like. Of course the DP money only just funds one week in a private home, but it is a good...
I think we have have our Harveys, watching in the shadows, just behind the curtains, round the corner at the top of the stairs.....just checking on us to make sure we're doing ok.
<t>a couple of years ago, when hubby was more mobile, we booked a disabled room in a travel lodge while we attending a wedding. It had one single bed, to allow room for a wheelchair, and a pull out sofa for the other bed.- which, when pulled out meant that you couldn't get a wheelchair in!<br/> The ...
<t>we fund my husband's care, two for the morning get up, and two for the evening put to bed, through DP. We employ two different care agencies, both recommended by SW. We are also "pension rich", but this doesn't stop us getting DP to cover the amount of care we need, and yes, we do make a small co...
so glad you are feeling good today - see, rants do help.
I talk things over with my cats - they are very good at listening - especially with their eyes closed (I think it helps the concentration Image )
George, have you thought about Direct Payments for respite. I use my so called six weeks respite money for one week at Skylarks, which is £1000.
Its not fair, and it means we have only one week, but its a break.
<t>Oh Alix, so much of what you say, I kept nodding my head and going yes, yes!<br/> the anti depressants will work, it just takes time.<br/> social workers are never there when you want them, my relationship with mine changed dramatically when she gave me a direct email for her, we now 'talk' on a ...
<t>the problem comes when the homes are joint owned, when my husband has to be placed in a care home, which is not far off, as his illness progresses, who will fund his care?<br/> if we have to, them I would have no choice but to sell our home, and then, where would I live!!<br/> The problem is not ...
<t>do you get Carers Allowance? If so, then your assessment must to assess YOUR needs, when I got CA, I had no dependent children and looked after hubby 24-7. Once you are a "registered" carer, the council have a duty to assess your needs, and this is not means tested, it is test of your physical an...
<t>If you already have the wet room, think about an extension so that possibly the room could be shared, or have a back to back ensuite for your husband. As the plumbing is already there, it should cut down on the cost. As my Husband's MS has progressed, we had a downstairs ensuite with wet room bui...