[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
thanks for all those comments, just a reminder, if you do have something to say about your local services and what needs to change, you can put it to a Government minister at one of our events across the UK taking place over the next couple of months. All free, and we'll pay carers expenses to atten...
Thanks Stephen -there's some really good ideas there. FYI you can find out more about the National Institute of health and Clinical excellence which provides guidance to GPs and other health professionals and patients about medicines and treatment in the UK: http://www.nice.org.uk/ Other national bo...
Thanks Tony -lots of good suggestions there. Might also be worth raising with other local carers Avril - has anyone else had the same poor experience? There's definitely strength in numbers, and with the new councillors in place after the local elections might be a good time to get them on side. We'...
Hello Meg, thanks for getting in touch - though sorry you've had such a bad experience with your father's care package. I wonder if he's had an assessement recently, or indeed if you have as his carer. Do you have anybody you could talk to in social services about your father's care? Or your/his GP?...
So far, most people seem to be saying social care is worse than it was 10 years ago. What's changed for you?

- is there less choice about services? Has social care services been cut? If so, where?
What have you tried to do about this in your area?

thanks
Clare
I'd just like to make a couple of comments in response to the issues Norman's raised publicly. Firstly Jill was not making a political statement - and I would be disappointed if anyone suggested she was. She was merely responding to the announcement for additional national funding for carers' servic...