[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
This week the Government announced it plans to cut many public sector targets and give the NHS and local authorities more freedom to respond to local priorities. More information about this: http://society.guardian.co.uk/futurefor ... 95,00.html Tell us what you think - does this give local areas mo...
Some more enlightened local authorities are paying for carers to have laptops, I know East Sussex had a scheme like this. Certainly in the spirit of equal opps... Id be interested to see other schemes.
thanks Rosemary that's great SCIE [Social Care Institute for Excellence] kind of think tank which many professionals use as a library for ideas and good practice - have also just published some very relevant guides about user and carer participation in services, including a case for why its needed a...
<t>thanks for those examples. <br/> <br/> A carer recently recommended St Thomas's in London to me as a good example of discharging the person from hospital, in a way that made good preparations for the person coming home. A specific person- usually a nurse takes responsibility for liaising with the...
<t>Thanks for that Margaret. Can I ask what response you get when you say 'how have you considered carers?' in hospital discharge, keeping people at home, treatment in the community? Have you ever been offered training -e.g lifting /handling, medication, or told what to do in a crisis?<br/> <br/> Ha...
<t>I just wanted to pass on a thankyou from a carer, who contacted me to say he's really pleased with the local campaigning forum and has already found it really useful.<br/> <br/> Its all you carers out there who are helping him - We know that local campaining's not always easy and can feel like wa...
Thanks for those comments Charles, really appreciate people's suggestions. I know it must feel like carers aren't listened to but there are some opportunities - CARERS WEEK- with over 1000 local groups organising over 6000 events, its firmly in the diary of councils and social services. Many areas l...
<t>Ok so the jury's still out on our poll about paying for social care....even-stevens on the voting.<br/> <br/> I've been thinking about this, forget the 10-year vision stuff for a moment, and concentrate on today and next week...Gordon Brown's first days in power....he's got thousands of campaigns...
There is a big debate at the moment about the funding of social care, should taxpayers pay more to get better services? Tell us your views....
Thanks Norman, and congratulations on getting the votes out! I think you also stood in another by-election recently. Have you got any advice for carers about standing in elections - how do people go about it? What sort of things should they consider - e.g. #the merits of going it alone v standing fo...