[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
The results of the Private Member's Bill ballot came through this morning. We need to persuade one of the top MPs to take up our Bill. If you live in one of the following MP's constituencies - please read to the bottom of this email for how you can help! Alternatively, call the campaign team on 020 ...
Have you/your carers' group made a big contribution to your local community - maybe around breaks for carers, helped set up an emergency scheme? If you've achieved something for local carers you're really proud of why not enter the Government's award scheme for sustainable communities, and get your ...
<t>Hi Tony, thanks for your comments.<br/> <br/> This technology is in no way intended to replace what carers do, you can't replace carers. Its not right for everyone but in some situations can give disabled people independence and help carers to go to work, have a life outside of caring. As I'm sur...
<t>Hi - our next Equal Partners briefing will feature telecare and how it can help carers. I'm looking for carers who've used electronic sensors and technology in their homes to protect and support people they care for, and give carers the reassurance that they can leave the home. <br/> <br/> Ideall...
I just wanted to flag up a new website: www.ournhs.nhs.uk where you can have your say about health services nationally and in your area. Lord Darzi, who is carrying out a review of the NHS, will be taking part in a live webchat tomorrow [Thursday 27 September] starting at 10.00 You can post your que...
<t>Just wanted to say that I realise the reform to the earnings's limit doesn't solve all the problems faced by carers - or come even close. But its still an important gesture, particularly for the 3 million carers who do combine work and caring. So many of the carers who took part in our consultati...
I can completely understand carers feeling very emotional about the media coverage yesterday - I spoke to a carer this morning who was absolutely furious when she saw that the total amount that carers are saving the Government is £87b, "when I get a pittance" - BUT the campaigning that we and tho...
Hi Linda, it's great that you've got in touch with David Cameron to highlight how poorly treated many carers are by the benefits system, and as the reply from his office makes clear, the Conservatives are reviewing their policies at the moment, so definitely up for grabs. Seems everyone wants carers...
Hi - Jan a carer from Birmingham has highlighted this landmark case in the Guardian of a disabled woman who has won compensation from her local council because it failed to provide adequate services.

http://society.guardian.co.uk/localgovt ... 80,00.html
Hi, You've probably heard that the Government plans to cut lots of the targets it has placed on local authorities and health services. The thinking is that this will give local areas much more freedom to set their own priorities. However, the flip-side of this is that groups such as carers will have...