[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
On the lighter side, the OT from the hospital who measured the doors said a 16 inch wheelchair should be fine. Then she measured my husband's hips.... and called him 'snakehips'. He was thrilled. He has lost 36 kilos since last summer.
Thanks for the replies. Because of the information I have had from this forum when I finally realised I needed help I was able to get both a carers and the needs assessment done - and as I knew the buttons to press thanks to the information I received here, it w as all done and dusted within two wee...
My husband is already disabled but now faces having his leg amputated, probably below the knee. He has a diabetic ulcer on his heel, so bad that he is now walking on the bone. Can anyone give me any advice on how to cope with this after he comes home from hospital. He has accepted the amputation mus...
Thanks, I will make a start...... we have no social life as Jim is unable to leave the house. But I would love to get out occasionally. Jim fell asleep this morning, he does that a lot. I went into the kitchen to start prepping lunch. Jim woke, could not see me so instead of calling me he decided to...
Despite only calling adult social services on Monday they are coming tomorrow to do the assessment!!!!! So, in preparation, can someone tell me what I should have ready paperwork wise and what the assessment entails. Having read about all the problems getting help I really want to be prepared. What ...
Greta
I get it now.... GP is due shortly so will get it started. Many thanks.
Thanks for the support. I phoned social services and asked for a needs assessment, I have already had a carers assessment done. I read about the nhs continuing care but it left me more confused than before. Jim has various consultants for different areas of his medical problems. There is no chance o...
I am sure that this seems obvious to some but.... I am carer to my husband who has diabetes, a serious heart condition, diabetic neuropathy (in his legs which means he cannot walk without my assistance) and has now been diagnosed with Parkinson's. He has a diabetic ulcer on his heel which does not h...
I am having a carers assessment shortly, what can I expect please?

I have been looking after my husband who has several health problems and I need help, but what can I get and I have no idea what to ask for.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jim has several medical problems, heart, diabetes, kidneys, and now his eyes but for the last week he has been very confused. What day is it, yet when I tell him he does not remember . Am I over reacting ! Any advice from someone who can help would be appreciated. S there something I should be looki...