Took my mother to hospital (Wednesday) for her two to three week assessment, was talking to a nurse, who informed me that 9 out of 10 goning in never go back to carer, and that he was not very confident for my mother. So, where do I go from here, I went to see her today and she was away with the fai...
<t>Hi Everybody,<br/> Hope this is the right place, need advice/help. I was called into local Jobcentre for a interview on change of circumstances. While there it was suggested I make an appointment o see Carer's Pathway, who could help me, by paying for sitting service's, if there were course's I w...
<t>Hi Robert,<br/> No, I am my mother's fulltime carer (24/7), had my first break in 8 years in October and went to Isle of Wight for Weekend, enjoyed myself and didn't notice so much, but this time home alone twiggling my thumbs, doesn't feel the same, pushed on me through rapid changes in mother's...
<t>Hi pretty new to this forum, I live in Newport, South Wales and care for my mother, she has Vascular Dementia, 8 years. A bit stressed at he moment, she has just gone into respite for 6 days and I feel a bit guilty. It feel strange in the house without her here, use to the constant noise in the b...
<t>Hi All,<br/> Please bare with me, has I am new to this forum and to any forums come to that, I am even more worried about how this scheme is run. I worry how people are allowed to take on this scheme and find themselves in court, because they cannot do something as simple as hiring a plumber, boi...
Is this just another case of passing the buck and the cost onto Carer's. Has If we don't have enough to do, even more pressure, surly it would be better to standardise the care service's across the country and put the control of these service's into non-profit making hands.