[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you everyone, you are really kind and practical to a newbie!
The use of the word 'like' drives me crazy, i.e 'he was like, just standing there, and I was like, what are you looking at, I was like, so angry'.....aaaaagh. Sorry http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_redface.gif and breathe. Swearing on tv is worse, I heard a shocking one come out of Ian McShane's ...
We have a case conference set for next week, so I will ask about the care plan, thank you.
He does have a bottle to use overnight, but at the moment he is not sure which end to use....yet another problem which needs sorting!
Thank you both, I am trying to get him out as soon as possible and making arrangements. The hospital is good and the staff are all very nice and helpful, but he shouldn't be there any longer. Keep leaving messages for social worker, which is frustrating, but of course he is not her only case!
<t>Thanks Audrey and Penny, we have now been told his forgetfulness -( the actual word they used was dementia, which upset my mum) is due to renal problems, he was ok with us again yesterday, it's a real roller coaster at visiting times! He's a bit worried to drink too much in case he has to get up ...
Still experiencing problems with Dad's sporadic forgetfullness, and he is still in hospital. It was his birthday on Tuesday and when we went in he was quite cheerful, had had visitors, breakfast in bed as a treat! and a bath, well, it was his birthday! But yesterday was a different matter, he was ve...
<t>Thank you both for your replies. We had a call last night before visiting to say that Dad was agitated about his walker and not wanting his dinner, but by the time we got there he was calm and talked quite rationally which was a relief. I did give him quite a firm (but kind) talking to and he was...
<t>Has anyone had experience of an elderly relative become confused temporarily because of a long stay in hospital? <br/> <br/> My dad is in a rhab hospital and has been there two weeks. Mum and I went to see him last night, and part of the time he was talking sense and then he would suddenly say, I...
Welcome! Image