Yes Myrtle. It is the OT's who said no to temporary ramps and insisted that we apply for DFG. Wwe just seem to be getting no where and don't know where to go next. It is like banging our heads against a brick wall all the time.
<t>A DFG is certainly means tested here even for a ramp. We have been waiting since last June for a ramp. The council have delayed and delayed. They will not give a temporary ramp as they say they are unsafe. Apparently someone fell off one and was killed a few years back. I guess they are scared ev...
<t>Thanks for your help and advice. Apparently the allegation is based on an email received by the borough council. I have asked to see this but it does not give much away other than it came from the county council. I have put in a formal complaint to both councils and now have to wait until their c...
<t>I applied for a DFG wishing to havee ramped access to our home for my husbands wheelchair. Last week we received a letter from the council claiming that as we have a financial interest in another property and stand to receive £26000 from it in the future we cannot have a grant. They are also inf...
Thanks for your replies. Sorry about not responding...being unwell for a while http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_cry.gif Try not to think about the cuts too much but pressure has been going up and up... I hope that our local Carers Centre will not be closed - the last thing we can lose!! I recent...
<t>Many thanks for the replies, it is the OT's who say the council will not provide ramps on a temporary basis, hence the need to apply for a grant. They have agreed to alterations to the front access with the aid of a grant but as I said, the process takes a long time. We have expressed our concern...
<t>Hi, Can anyone please advise we on Social Services obligations to provide essential equipment and more specificly ramps to enable the disabled person to get into and out of the house. We asked for a ramp in June as my husband is in a wheelchair and cannot get out of the house unless we have one. ...
<t>Hi I live in Hampshire and yes it is difficult to get any help at all other than a basic care package. We could not even get a ramp to enable me to get my husband out of the house. I bought one eventually. We have also been promised a PA service for my husband but so far that has not materialised...
<t>Hi today I had a hospital appointment to see a consultant about a shoulder problem I have had for some time. The good news is that finally we now know what is wrong. The bad news is I will need an operation and my arm will be out of use for several weeks. During this time I will not be able to li...
<t>Hi Mick<br/> I am new here and care for my husband, Peter, who like your wife has hada a stroke. He is unable to stand or walk unaided and has no use of his left arm. Like you I sometimes need someone to chat to. I think it helps to get feelings of stress etc off ones chest, and boy have I been s...