Thanks Henrietta I’m meeting the social worker again this afternoon and I will raise that point with him. Im battling for my Dad not to be sent home as he himself doesn’t want to go as he feels too ill! So I’m constantly stating the facts that he’s frail,vulnerable and at home would be unsafe!! It’s...
Hi! Dad was moved from the Acute ward to a Rehab ward luckily in the same hospital as I was very concerned that he would be moved to another part of the city at a time when he is so frail and in grief. He has finally had the full CHC funding assessment and was deemed not eligible for any nursing fun...
Thank you everyone for your replies. It’s helped a lot. I’m just so grateful that the Consultant is refusing to discharge Dad because she thinks his care package isn’t safe. I think they’re worried that he will die. My Mum died suddenly two nights ago so that has been a terrible blow to Dad. We are ...
My 90 yr old Father has a long list of health issues. He has a visual impairment, extremely deaf, COPD, a small lung module deemed to be cancerous, heart valve disease, atrial fibrillation, heart failure, prostate cancer, a permanently fitted catheter, kidney failure, arthritis in his feet and hands...
Yet again good advice Bowling Bun. I did try to explain the family situation to the nurse but she wasn't interested. I'll make sure the manager is in the picture when I see her!
Thanks.
Thanks Bowling Bun
That's such a helpful reply! I was in a real tizz today about how to respond but it's made things clear for me now.
Thanks
Cathy
Hi! I hope someone can give me advice on how to move forward with this worrying situation. My mother is in a nursing home with dementia and I have an elderly father still living independently and one sister who I do not see or speak to. We have never got on even way before my mother went into the nu...
Thank you very much indeed for such wonderful advice and support. I'm in the process of tracking a SW down and about to ring the hospital before I go and visit so they know his situation at home.
Thanks once again.
Thanks Jenny. Very sound advice and yes as widows we know how we have to try so hard at getting a life back and at the moment that's what my Dad is battling with. I know I can't be his substitute wife or make up for my distant sister and I am still coping with my own grief. Tonight I am sitting in A...
Thanks Jenny! I am also a widow and I can fully empathise with my Father's situation because when my husband was terminally ill it was a kind of bereavement knowing that he was slipping away and not coming back. My Dad does visit my Mum. Sometimes he takes himself off in a taxi or I take him. The vi...