<t>As somebody who used to post but now merely browses occasionally to see if anything new has come up I would like to say that, as others have pointed out, most new members ask for advice and when that has been given (usually how to get help, financial or practical, how to deal with feelings of gui...
<t>I hadn't realised that there are people who still actually believe in the infallibility of 'government sources' after the experiences of the past few years! Insensitive the original post may have been, but then sensitivity towards the feelings of others is not something that usually bothers some ...
<t>And all I am suggesting is that the 'facts' themselves may be distorted - statistics often are by selective methods in the gathering of information or in the compilation of the results. I am also suggesting that open minds would be welcome, and that because somebody disagrees doesn't necessarily ...
<t>Parisfal, I agree with you regarding the influence the press, like politicians, have on public opinion. Are you implying, though, that there is only one way to present facts, that those facts can be accepted without question, and that any other analysis and opinion is misrepresentation? Surely al...
<t>Now that any unfortunate Daily Mail reader has been thoroughly demoralised, would anyone like to suggest a newspaper that does not have a political bias or agenda, is not selective in its coverage, reports both international and national news and has thought-provoking articles by informed writers...
<t>Thank you Charles. As you say we do not all seek excitement from the discussions on the forum - surely there are other forums filled with 'the cut and thrust of debate', but I for one do not need that. I, like many others I suspect, come here for advice and sharing with other carers, and for frie...
<t>My husband's problem is different (he has Vascular Dementia so needs something simple to use). He has a Doro HandlePlus phone - you can Google it. They have several different models but they all have big buttons. He has the simplest one which has four buttons: A which connects him to my mobile, B...
<t>I haven't been a member for long but for enough time to see that this old argument/debate comes up time and time again, and goes round and round in circles. Those who have a partner to share the burden of caring, or extended family willing to help (no, they do not grow on trees but there are peop...
<t>Whoops!! another challenge flung out for us to ponder over during the weekend! I, too, would like some evidence to back up such sweeping statements as 'most people sleep soundly through the night'. If there were a survey (and what use would it be??) I imagine most people who care do NOT sleep sou...
<t>Thanks very much everyone. Fran - the EPA we signed five years ago was the old format I expect, being the Enduring Power of Attorney which has now been replaced by Lasting Power of Attorney. I do hope it doesn't present a problem as no solicitor would allow my husband to draw up or sign a documen...