Thank you for your empathy. I'm afraid that mum owns the house and the carers are self-employed, so I can't complain to their boss. There is none. Haven't found a replacement yet. Everyone I've talked to has said that you shouldn't place a rubbish bin on clothes. I was nice to her and also asked tha...
Hi all, My mum has a disease consistent with dementia. She was assessed but the consultant responded to her fear and didn't use the word. He referred instead to cognitive defect. She is forgetful, her personality has changed, and doesn't care about much. She has forgotten how to wash her hands so do...
I can ask but few carers and relatives do it. But thanks everyone.
Gosh, there was a whole house to sort scarves. Tables galore.
My thoughts exactly, Jenny. Thank you.
I agree there is little risk of catching a bug but I just don't like clean clothes being dumped on a dodgy floor when there's a table, chairs, etc etc. Also, we're talking about sick individuals, not healthy boys. It's a completely different ball game. It's about how much care you take, given the ci...
I hope that you don't sort your clothes by placing them on the floor in your hallway. It's not just bacteria and viruses, but dirt. Why do we teach young people to pick up their clothes from the floor in their room? It's not just tidiness. It's about avoiding bacteria and mould which can make the cl...
I'd appreciate other people's opinion on the following matter. I found my carer sorting out hats and scarfs by lying them on the stairs. The stairs are not dirty in the sense they get hovered once a week but people go up and down with outdoor shoes so they are not the cleanest surface either. I foun...
I know. It's beyond ridiculous.
Sadly, I've done that. It just gets ignored. Yes, they do the flowers. No, they don't check it's all clean afterwards. And hygiene wise, they seem to bring in bugs. Touch cups where you put your lips. You can point it out but they forget. they are not that bothered. If there were other carers to hel...