[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I did get mum AA day and night care. But good carers are in short supply.
Doc and practice nurse are aware. Won’t help. Hopeless.
PS. Social services gave me nothing. No energy to chase anyone up.
My family have left me to get on with it. I’m doctor, nurse, diy expert, financial guru etc. Have had virtually no help. I live with mum. Me upstairs, she’s downstairs. We can’t afford the private care we have now, social services have offered us virtually nothing. Brother against mum going into res...
I was a psychologist so when I recognised that caring for my elderly mum was overwhelming me, I called my GP. In short, I have had contact with all relevant authorities and they have not offered me the help and support I needed to cope. I missed the summer as I was so busy keeping mum and the house ...
Thank you for your empathy. I'm afraid that mum owns the house and the carers are self-employed, so I can't complain to their boss. There is none. Haven't found a replacement yet. Everyone I've talked to has said that you shouldn't place a rubbish bin on clothes. I was nice to her and also asked tha...
Hi all, My mum has a disease consistent with dementia. She was assessed but the consultant responded to her fear and didn't use the word. He referred instead to cognitive defect. She is forgetful, her personality has changed, and doesn't care about much. She has forgotten how to wash her hands so do...
I can ask but few carers and relatives do it. But thanks everyone.
Gosh, there was a whole house to sort scarves. Tables galore.
My thoughts exactly, Jenny. Thank you.