[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Excuse my ignorance but what is a 'dog lock'? We have a key safe and I often wonder about people accessing the house when it's empty.
That certainly makes very interesting reading. If this practice has been permitted in the Care Act and with a '4.3 billion pound shortfall in social care budgets' then the Carers Trust can make all the recommendations they like but I should think they'll fall on deaf ears. My LA might be one of the ...
That's very good advice from Jenny. When my Mum passed away there was all the usual admin associated with someone's death, plus Dad's care having to be taken over. Somehow I did it all on autopilot and in a weird way it helped to be busy & focused on tasks. However, I didn't have a house to clear an...
The caree is my Dad, he's had a needs assessment but it was pretty perfunctory because he's self funding. Never the less, the SW made it clear what SS could offer, even if we are paying for it. My understanding was that the DP was being awarded to me to help in my caring role. No-one is forcing me t...
No, I don't need any LA help myself. The DP's were awarded to me, as a carer, as a result of my needs assessment. The organisation who deals with administering the DP's when they're first set up told me they could be used to pay for extra care for my caree when I need a break, or to pay for services...
The house doesn't belong to your mum, who is the only person who could be penalised financially by having assets Having been awarded 4 hrs a week of direct payments earlier this year, I recently received a financial assessment form asking about my income & property that I own. My social worker info...
Thank you. I've found the leaflet about hospital discharges and I'll pass it on. My cousin has said that her Father's wife is insisting on sorting this all out and it sounds like relations are somewhat strained. As a more distant relative, hopefully she'll accept some support from me - I know from e...
My 83 year old Great Uncle was admitted to hospital a few months ago after suffering loss of control in his legs & falling. A brain bleed was discovered & they operated but he's subsequently suffered from sodium level problems & various other heart related issues. For the last few weeks he's been on...
I had a look at the fb page & I think it's great what you're doing. I'm interested to know how the tops differ from 'normal' clothes to cater for a wheelchair user. Although my Dad is far from fashionable (M&S slacks all the way!), I find that trousers pose the biggest problem. I remember seeing a w...
Hi Jas I'm very sorry for your loss, my Mum passed away in February & it's the most emotionally painful thing I've experienced. I think it takes a long time to come to terms with & especially when you're suddenly responsible for your father. The exact same thing happened to me. I second what Jenny s...