[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Costa, I would strongly recommend that you also get POAs for Health and Welfare if they are agreeable to that. In my mother's circumstances that turned out to be one of my best moves. Almost every conversation with Doctors in the hospital was preceded by them asking if I had the H&W POA. Other th...
Firstly apologies for resurrecting this very old thread. I've mainly done it to wholeheartedly thank everyone who bothered to post on here and offer me wonderful advice and support - when you're in the middle of it it's very difficult to look the situation objectively and getting such input from oth...
My house and garden are very neglected! I did get on top of her's a bit while she was in Rehab but now she's home she wants me to sit with her all the time, if I go downstairs to put the Hoover round or do a bit in the garden she starts calling out for me to go back upstairs.. I think, to be honest,...
Posted before I'd finished! I totally agree that Residential is the only way to go. I tell everyone that I can get to listen that this interim step is a waste of time and money. But every time anyone asks Mother she absolutely refuses to even consider it and, of course, it's all 'what she wants'. I ...
She does have a key safe but I'm wary of giving out the number to all and sundry. The Carer's, Meals on Wheels and all Health, Social Work professionals etc have the number but I don't know about giving to other people that I don't know. Also because she's upstairs and can hear the door open but doe...
Anne, I am so close to the 'refusing to care' point right now. She has been back home for less than a week, has already had an 'episode' which again required paramedics followed by a GP visit. This was on Friday and I didn't leave work and go running but I did go there after work, which wasn't plann...
Yes, I think it's a shame she has to come home first but her allotted Rehab time is up - they wanted to discharge her this weekend but as I work in Data and Exams in a school I explained to SW that I simply can't take time off next week because of results so she told them they had to keep Mother one...
Jenny, I will be so relieved just to see the back of this house! Being here when I'd rather be at home, cleaning it, trying to keep the large garden under some sort of control (I've lost that battle!) and the never ending stream of slightly unsavoury laundry!! I can't wait to kiss the drudgery goodb...
Well, not as good as I hoped but not as bad as I feared! She will come out of Rehab a week from Monday with 4 Carers a day plus Meals on Wheels - this will be a temporary arrangement while myself and SW find her a one person flat in Sheltered Accomodation. She absolutely will not consider a Care Hom...
Thank you BB - Mental Capacity Assessment added to my list! The Rapid Response team did request one for her some months ago and it had totally slipped my mind, it's probably sitting in a pile of paper somewhere on her completely useless GP's desk. I'm beginning to think like you! I'd kind of decided...