Thank you for your helpful and supportive comments.
<t>I would be interested in other carers views of the Resource Allocation System used now by many Adult Social Care Depts to assess for the money they are prepared to give to a Personal Budget to purchase a support package. My 36 yr old son is being reassessed in this way. Although I thought with a ...
<t>Hi Rosemary<br/> <br/> I keep reading - through various links and the social media - about your campaigning. It's supportive and encouraging to read about it.<br/> In response to your reply - I sent my email to all the 63 councillors of Wakefield MDC. I've received 6 replies to date. All pretty b...
<t>Dear Local Councillor<br/> <br/> Please do not reduce or cut essential funding for social care services for disabled and elderly people, for example, for 1:1 support workers, respite/shared care, day activities etc - when you plan your budget which I believe is due to be discussed at the council ...
<t>Peaceful student protests are justified but Disabled People and their Carers have far greater justification to protest-if they could and had the energy-as cuts to their services will restrict their basic human rights-e.g.to go out when and where they want. Not possible in many situations without ...
<t>I don't want to be an alarmist but I'm extremely concerned about the Governments proposals published yesterday to scrap DLA and introduce a new benefit to replace it - Personal Independence Payment. They hope it will reduce expenditure from the cost of DLA by 20%. This must mean many existing rec...
<t>My wife and I are carers of our adult son who has a severe learning disability a moderate physical impairment and challenging behaviour within the autistic spectrum. He currently lives in a supported housing situation with two other people. We are heavily involved in supporting him with his weekl...
<t>As a carer worrying what the future holds I feel so angry about the inevitability that the forthcoming cuts in public spending will negatively affect vulnerable groups such disabled people and their carers disproportionately to the rest of society. It is so grossly unfair. It is shameful too that...
<t>Thanks for your reply Matt.<br/> It's good to hear planning and lobbying is going on albeit `behind the scenes'. I hear Scope have set up a campaign called `Don't cut us out'. Perhaps after 20 October when the CSA is made public we'll know what we are fighting. I will play my part. I predict Oct/...
<t>As a parent of a young man with a learning disability I am very concerned about the possibility of future cuts in support services and disability benefits. My son has recently had a full reassessment recommending more 1-1 hours support. The recommendation has to go before a `Panel' for final appr...