[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>You've already had lots of good advice here. Firstly you need to attend the WFI as failing to attend will result in your benefit being cut. I'm not sure what benefit you are on but it may be that you are not on the right benefit. If you are on Jobseekers Allowance for example then your contract w...
<t>I agree with the above. DLA is a non means tested benefit so it doesn't matter what you earn you will still receive this. Carer's Allowance is however means tested and therefore your earnings are taken into account. I would really suggest that you get a benefit check done. Your local CAB can do t...
<t>We've been caring for my mother in law for some years now. After a spell in hospital she needed to move into a care home. Initially she was in a shared room but we expressed the desire for her to have her own room. As part of the financial package the local authority contribute but my mother in l...
<t>Thank you Sparkletechie - great name by the way. Yes you are right of course I guess I'm just avoiding dealing with this situation and moving it on because it requires having difficult conversations. Posting on this forum and the responses I've had have greatly helped in my endeavours to sort out...
<t>I don't know if you have given this any thought but if you study with the Open University and are in receipt of Carers Allowance this counts as a qualifying benefit and you don't pay for your course. They have a wide range of courses, all flexible. It might be something you want to check out.<br/...
Thank you so much for your thoughts on this. I really appreciate it.

Sylvia
<t>Meg,<br/> <br/> Thank you for taking the time to respond. What you say makes a lot of sense, it's just so sensitive to try and work things out. Interestingly we also have building work to be done in the house, your suggestion has made me realise that this may be the perfecto opportunity to make r...
<t>My mother in law is 93 and has been living with us for 2 years now. My husband is retired and although I work we share the care. My mother attends a day care centre a couple of times a week. Of late things have been difficult as my husband has also been ill and his condition isn't yet been manage...
<t>I work, but am also a carer - my husband is retired. I always give my job title but add that I am a carer. My husband always says he is a carer. <br/> <br/> I think it's really important because caring is such a vital role probably best described as 'emotional labour'. <br/> <br/> In considering ...
<t>My best bit was getting a distinction in my OU course - STILL can't believe I managed it with everything else going on in my life.<br/> <br/> Thinking about moving on this year my resolution will be to "smile more". I need to take time to stop and cherish the good stuff again - and hopefully lowe...