Yes Chris your links are really helpful.....keep em coming fella x x
I learnt the hard way and keep all documents that relate to mum.....she generates masses of paperwork from Doctors letters to Invoices to discharge notes......a whole forests worth of paper !!! Which now equates to 4 box files. You never know when your going to need them.....for example my mum stopp...
Me and the carer attempt a shower at least twice a week but it does depend on my mums moods. We get her meds down as soon as she wakes with a cup of tea and a biscuit.....I know some people who leave there meds till they are washed and dressed but I need them to start working ASAP or she puts up to ...
And so it drags on and on....we where accessed for CHC Funding in September 2018....they agreed a only a month ago that they would fund and refund us the payments we have made since September. However we received a letter from there admin telling us the amount they are paying us which is only two th...
Hi - All We regularly visit a shop and the really really nice assistant reminds me every time we go in that she has signed up to be a Dementia friend. She says she has been sent a book and a badge. BUT can I ask what does it actually mean ? How does signing up thousands of people actually help peopl...
I just think you need to bite the bullet and do it.....yes they will go mad but the sad thing about Dementia is will they actually remember in a few weeks time when things have settled down. My mum (and I have to admit me as well) really resented the thought of carers etc but now have such a good fr...
Thanks for the reply....it’s always a 50/50 call as a person was complaining on facebook about Postal vote fraud... Yes you can argue that my mum might say one party and I tick another box....or I may not even ask her at all and just go with what party she has always voted for but I don’t think you ...
Before I get arrested for starting a big argument on Facebook about a persons right to vote can someone explain what I should or shouldn’t be doing... We use a postal vote, my mum is blind and has dementia, I have POA... If I read out the names on the postal form and the parties they represent then ...
Our original meeting was back in Sept 2018... Endless phone calls and emails back and forth chasing an answer We FINALLY get a reply end of March 2019 that they will fund and THEY will take over payment from now on and back date our claim....... Have now been chased by the carer company for non paym...
So after a back braking enjoyable day weeding in the garden I asked mum if she wanted to come out in the sunshine.... I’m not sure why I asked as I knew the answer would be no.... Is it an age thing, or a dementia thing ? I can’t understand why she would prefer to sit in the front room which is actu...