We had a similar issue with my mums Warfarin. They would only issue a new prescription on me delivering a copy of her INR score we received after every blood test. I started to email them a copy if I couldn’t get to the surgery but they informed me that I must telephone them to tell them I’m sending...
It’s being rolled out all over the country and has been for the last few years.....it’s just hitting us in Bedfordshire now

Here’s a link I found for Liverpool though

https://www.liverpoolccg.nhs.uk/media/3 ... eaflet.pdf
Hi Yes the procedure is that when you collect the latest batch of medication and your standing in the chemist you used to be able to tick the boxes on the tear off part of the prescription and hand them back to the chemist and HE puts the request in for you. Apparently too many people where just tic...
I’m not one to normally knock the NHS as they do a terrific service BUT..... My lovely local chemist usually orders all my mums tablets on a repeat prescription every month and I just pop down to collect them. This all stops though as the NHS has decided that the chemist is wasting money by requesti...
Pain Killlers
Lindt Chocolate Orange Balls
And Molton Brown shower gel........

Thank god for all of the above :D
When my mum was in hospital for a while she lost weight so her gums shrunk. The dentist advised that this would keep happening with age and as they would need to take a mould of her gums there was no guarantee that my mum would have the mental capacity to bite down hard enough to form the shape. He ...
We had our initial big meeting way back at the start of Sept.....3 chase up telephone calls ( two from me and one from the Parkinson nurse ) plus an email and they still haven’t replied to us either way to say if we have been successful or not. Part of me doesn’t want to chase it again for fear of t...
My mum is blind and has Parkinson dementia. We still manage to go out on days out when we can. We call them our “daft days out” It’s usually just me and mum and for example the weekend before Christmas we went round the local safari park. I gave a running commentary of the animals we saw and we pack...
I know a lot of people will say they couldn’t bring themselves to watch this programme but as a carer for my mum who has Parkinson’s dementia I did. I’m not embarrassed to say I cried for most of the programme not just because it was really upsetting to watch but almost like a release valve inside m...
I have known for a while the AMAZING affect that music has on people with dementia so decided to take mum along to a singing cafe. OMG i don’t think I have had so much fun in ages. There is nothing more uplifting to see my mum who can’t usually make a basic decision like what to have on her toast in...