[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Just been made redundant ( not going to lose sleep as I actually hated the job anyway) from a full time job that allowed me to work from home In morning and office in afternoon I live at home with mum ( who owns the house and has savings) who has dementia and is blind. She has just qualified for ...
Have been watching the above show on BBC It’s about an experiment to use volunteers in the hospital to do the jobs that nurses simply don’t have the time to do like actually spending time talking to patients and feeding them. I volunteer to go to the hospital every time my mum is admitted which infu...
Cheers London

We actually went to the show which was really helpful and we now have a company coming to demo a vehicle for us next Friday so fingers crossed

All the best - Linda x
Hi all It is going through mobility but with a WAV vehicle ( I believe) you have to go through one of only a handful of companies who adapt the vehicle I always just thought you pitched up say at your local VW garage and spoke to a mobility advisor Appears not for a WAV vehicle Allied mobility, GM c...
Hi all Have been mulling over the idea of a Wheelchair adapted vehicle for my mum who is blind and has dementia Anyone recommend a company that they have used ? My problem is deciding which car to go for as mum is blind I don’t want to seat her right back in the boot as she needs reassurance in the ...
Hi all

It’s coming up to my BIG birthday and I would love the chance to go away for a few days with my mum to celebrate it as a family

The trouble is I would need somewhere with a hospital type bed or bed rails as she is blind and has dementia

Any ideas ?

Thanks x
Local council usually supply them. We rent one from them for a fixed fee which includes a chair alarm and bed alarm so I could tell when she got out of bed in the night

We come under Central Bedfordshire and I think it’s supplied via Aragon Housing association

Hope that helps ?
Ooh ooh ooh I have same problem with me mum. She has Parkinson’s and what’s called the Parkinson (leaning tower of ) Piza so slumps to one side We asked Ocupational therapy but they couldn’t really help either..... Someone suggested a wingback chair but I think it would be so uncomfortable for her S...
Good on you honey you keep at it - like you say if you can find something, anything that helps you chill out then go for it. The trouble with me is I start things but never finish them. Tried adult colouring books but never quiet finished them. Would love to learn how to crochet so that’s been added...
Ooh I wish I could sew.....had a awful teacher at school so she put me off learning but sometimes when I go in the craft shops and see the lovely squares of fabric I wish I could. Have been known to tinker with a bit of jewellery making but as you say when your pooped sometimes it’s hard to concentr...