Our original meeting was back in Sept 2018... Endless phone calls and emails back and forth chasing an answer We FINALLY get a reply end of March 2019 that they will fund and THEY will take over payment from now on and back date our claim....... Have now been chased by the carer company for non paym...
So after a back braking enjoyable day weeding in the garden I asked mum if she wanted to come out in the sunshine.... I’m not sure why I asked as I knew the answer would be no.... Is it an age thing, or a dementia thing ? I can’t understand why she would prefer to sit in the front room which is actu...
I believe our care company is about to do this as well which is really frustrating as I read the record book when I get home to see what’s happened during the time I’m away at work. The records are so valuable to keep an eye in case a pattern develops of my mum going off her food, and as she suffers...
We finally got an email today nearly 7 months since the first CHC meeting.....and they have agreed to fund my mums care package. The relief in reading the email and I just burst into tears.....it’s been exhausting waiting 7 months for an answer.......7 months of producing endless records and evidenc...
Hi Pet66 I think that has aggravated the situation that the Social Worker who was at the original meeting failed to turn up at the next meeting and when they called to find out where she was her department advised that she had actually quit so was never going to be at the meeting anyway. We don’t ha...
Lol......now you know why I’m “depressed”.......first CHC assessment done start of Sept 2018 and 6 months on I still haven’t had a letter confirming if we qualify or not.....I email once a fortnight and just keep being fobbed off. My last email to them two weeks ago demanded the email address of the...
I promise you I’m not trying to be superwoman....I work to try and help towards the running costs of the house as although mum has savings we are having to supplement her carers fees to the tune of nearly £2000 a month....so the savings won’t last forever. Yes we could probably make cost savings in ...
Self funding I’m afraid.....two brothers one great one useless

Have managed to put my mum to bed early tonight so bit of me time for a hour or so

Was thinking of talking to work to see if I can maybe take one afternoon off a week for a while to pull myself out of this.
Hi I don’t think of myself as a martyr but having seen the decline in my mum if she has to go in hospital for an illness all I can think of is what would happen if she went in a home. She has one on one care at the moment from me or a carer that stays with her whilst I go to work. She will never get...
Hi... I know this seems a strange request but has anyone had experience of being a carer and seeing a GP about depression ? I look after my mum who is blind and has dementia. I know I’m really depressed but don’t want to be put on tablets and I don’t want to listen to another lecture on have I thoug...