[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I have had a very long conversation with her doctor who have simply handed out strong prescription drugs without question. They have now put a marker on her records. I will email them to explain I have withdrawn all carer support- I can't tell you what I relief this feels. It won't be easy as I say...
I forgot to say that after asking for years, Social Services finally agreed to fund my counselling as "part of the support I need in my caring role", after years of asking. Wow! Well done on getting counselling through Social Services; I was told they couldn't fund counselling because I can get tha...
Yes! If husband can't get in the bath, it's easily solved with an Archimedes bath seat, or similar. NEVER sign a blank form. You need a downstairs loo - did they consider who is going to empty the commode, and where??? Hi, I wrote a reply, but while I was on my phone & it doesn't look like it came ...
Thank you for the help line number Ingrid.

I just phoned and the guy I spoke to said he didn't know of anything that would say that other household members/carers need to be taken into consideration.

Looks like I'll be losing my bath :(
Hi, I've seen that there have been a few threads about Disabled Facilities Grants, but I have a question that's related to what kind of rights the carer has over adaptions that are offered. This is probably going to sound really selfish of me, but my husband had an assessment last week & the council...
I've found emotional detachment to be quite useful in some respecs

Oh, I forgot to mention, I also care for my Mum, but only once a fortnight so my step Dad can go & play golf. It's not really caring at the mo though because she's only in the early stages or dementia & just a bit forgetful and sometimes frustrated & confused.
Hi, I don't know why I didn't join before! I've been a carer for the last 20 or so years, for my husband who has physical disabilities, is in constant pain & is now, understandably, depressed, for my adult son who has Asperger's and for my adult daughter who suffers with anxiety & cyclic depression....