[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for replying David and for your very kind words. It means a lot that there are people out there who understand and are willing to share their experiences and offer support. Like so many carers, I have no training. They don't teach you this at school. I just do the best I can on a daily basis,...
Thank you sunnydisposition (what a lovely bright name) I've read about sundowning and tried the distraction techniques but nothing works. Once she's got her mind set on going out, that's it. We've got cold and soaked, come back in and 5 mins later she's sobbing to go out again. I've asked her why sh...
Hi I thought I was coping but now I realise I'm not. I'm 68 and care for my Mum who is 94. There are just the 2 of us -the rest of our family live too far away to help. Mum's mental health has deteriorated over the past few months and the dementia has rapidly taken a hold during the last 2 weeks. Sh...
Hi Hope everyone is coping okay in this current situation. I could do with some advice please. I'm sure most of you will have had the same problem. I live with my mum, she's 92, fully aware of what's going on around her, still active which is great. However, to her 'dark' means 'cold'. It's currentl...
So sorry you lost so much money, bowlingbun. That must have been really hard for you. It's difficult enough being a carer without all the financial problems to contend with. I was supposed to retire at 60 but my pension has been delayed until I'm 64 so I'm trying to stay afloat until then. 4 years '...
Thanks for the warning Henrietta. Crazy situation, being penalised 4 weeks CA for going £2 over the limit! Wow, that's a bit harsh. I thought it might be possible to work extra hours during the week leading up to Xmas and lose 1 weeks CA. That idea doesn't make financial sense if I'll lose 4 weeks.....
Hi. I am a carer for my mum. I am fortunate to work part time in a small local convenience store, earning just under the Carers Allowance threshold. My manager understands that I am unable to do extra hours. However, they are already discussing rotas for Xmas and New Year; it gets very busy and they...
See what you’ve done.....I’m in tears again. Thank you all so much for getting in touch. As I said in my first post, my problems are nothing compared to what some of you have to contend with. You have more than enough on your plates but still find time to reach out to help others through this forum....
Hi Elaine, thanks for getting in touch. I wandered into this carer role with my eyes shut. It seemed the right thing to do at the time; “only daughter, expected to look after mum” scenario. I guess it happens to so many people. It was supposed to be a temporary arrangement but after a couple of week...
I’ve been a live-in carer for my mum for 3 years and I just wanted to say Hi to you all. I ‘found’ Carer’s UK last year and the information given on the site (especially the forum) has been invaluable. I walked away from my home, my friends and my full-time job to look after my mum because she neede...