:)
The falls all happened over a brief period and the home responded immediately with pressure pads on mum's chair and mattress. Removed her rollator and now use wheelchair and zimmer to transfer her. I'm wary of diazepam. She used to take it a lot, before it was considered addictive, and I think she c...
Hi Claire I second what people are saying about the 'very elderly' and care homes. My mum, 95, moved into one recently and within a couple of months had fallen several times, bruised herself badly, and been admitted to hospital where she was diagnosed with delirium. Now she is back in the care home ...
So very sorry, Jenny, to learn of your MIL's passing. (...and apologies for being late to say so - I missed this thread as I don't often read this section of the forum). Your post was very moving and I am glad that the end was gentle for this once vital and dignified lady. I'm very pleased you inten...
Hi Amanda I'm rather surprised no one else has responded yet and I'm just wondering whether it's cos your post and the one before have the same subject line? Anyway welcome! I'm so sorry about your mum. 70 is quite young still - im 67! Your other post describes your brother's role but would you like...
Thankyou so much for the continuing encouragement. It is quite a lonely place to be when all my friends' parents have passed away already - sometimes I feel they're thinking "what does she have to moan about? I'd give anything to still have mum/dad with me", and I know I'll feel that way when mum is...
I haven't posted for some time though I keep reading the forum. So, an update on mum. She has been in the care home for two months. The staff are lovely and think she's a sweetie as she is so polite. I visit most days and chat to them and know several of them by name. They keep mum beautifully clean...
I've visited quite a few homes in the area and taken mum to one or two. She's been accepted by one that seems to tick all the boxes: a mile to my house, does nursing care if needed, run by a social housing group so probably won't go bust, and mum liked the room she saw. BUT....mum is muddled about t...
I'm happy to take her out for tea, Jenny, but she really struggles with the steps into my little house and up to the loo. She was almost on hands and knees at Christmas and I suggested my sons make a chairlift of their arms to get her out. :shock: I'm really trying hard now to look objectively at wh...
Thankyou bowlingbun for the words of encouragement. You're right - I must keep reminding myself that mum's needs can only increase. She's certainly in denial about them increasing. Mrs A thankyou for such a detailed reply. Your mum sounds like a lovely positive person with a very practical outlook. ...