Hi Jane

A good post! It rings very true for me, as even though my mum does not have dementia I can so identify with doing everything double, and feeling worried and anxious about her all the time.
Hi Michele and welcome

My son suffers from psychosis and has been in hospital many times over the years. He's currently living half the week with me and half the week in his council flat.

How old is your son? Has been offered any medication or therapy?
I got this in an email from Money Saving Expert:

If you paid to register a Power of Attorney in England or Wales between 1 April 2013 and 31 March 2017, you're owed a refund of up to £54. See:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new ... rney-fees
Actually, Jenny, I think you have the right end of the stick and I'm wrong. DBT (dialectical behavoiur therpay) is used for Borderline.

Apologies to Gemma, and perhaps she could enlighten us?
Hi Gemma My son, diagnosed with schizophrenia, has ups and downs all the time. When he is 'getting bad' he tends to be very sensitive to perceived criticism and frequently flies into a rage. I say 'perceived' because often what someone says is not intended as criticism at all. He also gets into trou...
Sarah, I've sent you a PM.
Really sorry Henrietta. You have helped so many people on the forum; I hope you are finding some comfort too. (((Hugs))) from me.
Well, at least he's on the psychiatrist's radar.

I do hope you can enjoy your Christmas. Sometimes my son can rise to the occasion and be sociable even when he's been absolutely unspeakable with just me. :angry: Fingers crossed. :lol:

All the best.
So sorry to hear things are getting worse. I promise it won't go on for ever, although right now that's probably no help to you. Do you think his house mates would involve the police? "Ranting and raving and breaking things" would make a good case for putting others at risk of harm I would have thou...
Oh how infuriating! I'm all too familiar with endlessly delayed appointments. It's the complete frustration of knowing what's needed but being unable to access it. I also understand that awful feeling as things plunge downhill again, just when you thought it was going to work out...... I'm sure PALS...