[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Greta, I totally agree. If the thread is to remain, then so should the original post. Maybe it will help people understand the many levels involved when it comes to fund raising, awareness, and the ultimate motives of those who are fortunate enough, to allow their familiar names (often in return for...
Which is pretty much what I said. As of 00:31 24/02/2016, the user stats for JANET_16021 are: Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:30 am Last visited: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:37 am Search user’s posts (0.00% of all posts / 0.08 posts per day) Most active forum: New to the forum? (1 Post / 100.00% of user’s posts...
OP's user stats remain at (over 24 hours since my last post): Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:30 am Last visited: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:37 am Search user’s posts (0.00% of all posts / 0.09 posts per day) Most active forum: New to the forum? (1 Post / 100.00% of user’s posts) Most active topic: Supporting ...
I think there seems to be a little bit of misunderstanding here. My point is simple. The original post would appear to be an "advert" for a fund raising event, in aid of a charity, whose primary aim is not the support of carers. If it were, then I'd give it 100% backing. The OP joined the day the po...
Thanks Gavin. Slightly off topic, but in response to your post - with respect, paid care leave would only be of help to those carers in full-time employment. It ignores the quite significant number of us, who, for whatever reason, have had to put our careers on hold, or have resorted to non-contract...
Hey Jenny, you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger cynic than me. Raising awareness has many facets - some people may find it edifying, for some it may encourage them into action, whilst a simple small (or in some cases large) financial donation may be enough for others - to quote a well known major ...
Greta, you're welcome :D Jenny, I understand what you are saying, but raising awareness is important in a number of ways, and on a number of different levels. Firstly, it lets people in similar situations know that their predicament is not unique, and that they are not alone. Secondly, it helps more...
Apologies if I remain on the negative side. Greta I agree, it is a way of raising funds through the sale of expensive tickets. Which also raises the question as to why publicity for such an event was posted here. But, I'll leave that one well alone. Having once attended (as an invited non-paying gue...
Raising awareness involves increasing public understanding. It is not generally within the remit of politicians, or journalists, unless they have a very personal agenda (as would be the case here) - their ultimate aim is usually somewhat different. Unfortunately, your average Joe, doesn't grasp the ...
If the agency won't resolve the issue, take it up the CQC. In the meantime, even though it's a pain, make sure the agency is aware that you will continue to to monitor the situation, in whichever way you decide (CCTV etc.), and that you will be in constant contact with them, highlighting your issues...