[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Im sure many of us are familiar with this. Iv had to say no quite a lot today, and while I know its with mums best interest, I still feel so guilty. She knows how to play it, and seem to play on the guilt she knows I feel. She does her best to make me feel mean. Iv come home now, but still feel guil...
Mum has a continence nurse who I very good. she wears pads for bed, but even the strongest cannot always hold the huge volumes. Sheets and clothes changing all the time. Mum is only in her late 50s and so this has been one of the most distressing parts of caring, for the both of us. Barriers come do...
Its come to something when you are frightened to put the heating on and live in fear and dread of the bill dropping through the letter box. The massive profits of the energy companies sicken me.
Its never ending. Mum has incontinence, sometimes both ends and well I do one load, then another. It never stops. Like a Chinese laundry. Often I steep things in buckets first, before putting in the machine. Also has anyone found that new machines which have to use less water to tie in with regulati...
Yes, I talk to myself and have imaginary friends I chat to when I get home sometimes. If anyone would have told me that a few years ago! Caring, well for me, its basically a lonely experience. Friends have got married, had families. That's what I always thought would happen. Seems this happens to lo...
I live in flat too and its a devil to heat. My energy bills worry me and I often have to ask my gran or my dad to help financially. Its bad for bathing. Too cold to get all the layers off. Lets try and keep each other warm eh, rather than freeze together.
My sleep is up and down. I have prescribed sleeping tablets which are frankly Godsend. When your looking after someone all day, you need, deserve a good nights sleep. I think its a bit unfair of Drs to be so reluctant prescribing sleeping pills to carers. They say that after awhile sleeping pills we...
Im quite excited about joining and hope to be able to make some good contributions. Im 37 and I have been caring for my mum full time for around 10 years now. I gave up my job,I earnt a lot less than my dad did and it made sense for me to become the carer. Iv done a reasonable job of it thus far. Pe...