Thank you Crocus and for the hugs. Have spoken with the doctor - it seems to be many things and not one thing in particular. I don't think they really know - no specific labels.......I do wonder if Mum is just tired and these are symptoms of old age. She had a stroke 18 months ago. Gave up work and ...
Difficult week Mum is still in an NHS step down bed thankfully because I don't think I could look after her home - too unwell but she can only stay another week. Hasn't eaten much for three weeks or drinking. Cognitive processes poor. Suggestion that she had a TIA earlier in the week plus slurred sp...
Hi Frito,

Yes have booked to see him this week. Thank you
Thank you for your responses. Yes Jenny I do think my Mum is preparing for her last journey and yes its horribly painful. She seems very excepting and I am still fighting and I mean fighting Adult Social Care - put in 4 complaints tonight. What a way to spend an evening. What a waste of time. I've j...
Thank you all for your posts and sharing your love, strength and hope. I cannot express how much you have helped me tonight. x
Posted in the Newbie Section this week. My Mum is getting worse still not eating, occasionally drinking, no energy not even watching the TV cannot be bothered to basically do anything and now saying she is dying or saying the doctor is telling her she is dying. We have an Integrated Community Servic...
Thanks for the advice and the info on your situation. Still in a step down bed although her deterioration has been such hospital is being threatened. Mentally - there seems to be a switch sometimes she appears ok at other times in a different place. The stroke completely took her memory and we have ...
Newbie So glad to have found you all. Already great comfort from reading the posts. I am the sole carer for my Mum who lives with me. She is 86 and had a stroke LHS 15 months ago. As a result I gave up my FT job to look after her. On Christmas Eve she had another seizure and spent Christmas in hospi...