Pip

Hi, just a thought. Does absolutely everyone have to have a medical for pip or are some passed based on the information on the form etc without medical.
Don't forget to apply for pip.
My son, age 26, has Downs's, autism, adhd and an under active thyroid. Over a period of time he slowed right down, was tired and lethargic all the time and lost his spark. Because it happened gradually over a period of time we didn't notice how much his behaviour and moods had changed. However, one ...
Hi Margaret. I suggest you ring the carers helpline 0808 808 7777 as you need advice on a number of issues. If you can't get through email them but they are very busy so may take a couple of days to get back to you. You could also try phoning the DWP benefits line who can offer financial advice. Goo...
Not sure if it's the same thing but my son age 26 gets employment support allowance and high rate Dla and he has been assessed as having to pay £30 a week for services. He initially only got 14 nights respite which worked out around £114 per night, then £20 spending money per day. He now also get 2 ...
Thanks Billie, that is very useful. I will be discussing this with sons sw next week. However, no doubt they will fob me off. I've asked previously and they said it isn't allowed.

Lesley
I find this very interesting. I was told (by ss) that direct payments could not be paid to anyone living in the same household. My daughter helps care for my son but is unable to get dp because she lives in the same house and they will not pay her to care for (accompany him ) on holiday either. He r...
Hi Lesley, my name is also Lesley and I also have a son with Downs and I receive direct payments for him. The management of direct payments can be very daunting, confusing and difficult to deal with and unless the paper work is kept up to date it can quickly spiral out of control. You appear to be t...
Hi My heart goes out to you. My 26 year old son has downs, adhd and autism which can lead to very difficult and odd behaviours. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis. I have been constantly let down by health, education, social services etc and family (what family!!). I have no friends but I have a lov...
Hi Marcus. I read your post with interest. My severely disabled 26 year old son receives esa (hasn't been pip assessed yet), at £125.05 per week. He had never worked, and gets higher rate Dla. Should he be receiving more?? Lesley