thank you Elaine. The neurologist is referring us to the local hospice for help and I have already sent an email to the Hereford MND branch. We may not get continued health care just yet, but it will happen somewhere along the line. I have calmed down since my original post and realise that having a...
I am in shock - we have just had a motor neurone disease diagnosis for my husband. Apparently it's a slow progressive type. I am not sure my husband realises the implications of the diagnosis but I do and am frightened when thinking about how we are going to cope with the next years. At 69 will I ha...
I think I might have some idea how your well spouse carer feels. Before my husband became ill, we had what I can only describe as a marriage which had become loveless, and I became involved with a man who showed me the respect and love I craved. Since he became ill, my husband has become affectionat...
no I haven't contacted my local continence clinic - I didn't know one existed. I will look into this. The problem with using continence pants is that if he can't stand for long enough (or on a bad day he might not be able to stand at all!) I can't help support his weight on transfer AND remove any c...
my husband isn't always able to stand long enough to get his pants and trousers down, so he ends up having a bowel accident before I can transfer him from recliner to commode. (he has a catheter for urine) - what's the best thing for him to wear in these circumstances and without feeling cold or emb...
Hi Stuart, yours is a very sad story. I am not able to give you any advice as I have not been a carer for very long and my situation is quite different to yours, but I just want to say what a wonderful Dad I think you are. I hope joining this forum will help you. Take care.
The bottle Greta mentions looks good but needs to be bitten on to get the water out and my husband takes his dentures out at night, so not sure that would work. I will try Henrietta and Bowlingbun's suggestions, thank you all fir your advice.
just changed all husband's bedding and pyjamas - again - at 1:30am.

He has water in 2 beakers, with lids and spouts, to drink at night, and has dropped a full one in the bed again. How can I leave him water that can't be spilt?
Welcome to carersuk forum Patricia. It's a great place to come for support and advice and I do hope you get plenty of both here, and can realise that you are not alone in feeling you have no life at all and life is bleak. I have only been caring for my husband for nine months but it already feels li...
Excuse this Henrietta - not directly related to your situation - but I need to say that we have Agincare and our carers are brilliant!