[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for your replies, means a lot right now. I have my parents for emotional support (although it's frustrating that they keep saying how silly I was to get into this situation in the first place, feel like a little kid on the naughty step!), but they can't really help me sort out housing or mone...
Feel free to move this if it is the wrong section. Will basically sum up me and my situation before I go into what my dilemma is... I'm 17 and a carer for my husband who suffers with schizophrenia and a personality disorder. I met him when I had just turned 16, and we instantly hit it off, I gave up...
I seem to have upset a few people with my comments, and I'm truly sorry. I think it must be a postcode thing again, because where I come from PD is not classified as mental illness per se, but a collection of behavioural issues. My mother has a PD - Narcissistic, Borderline and ? sadistic - I have ...
<t>Thats good news then, I know it's tough when it comes to confidentiality, but I think, especially with mental health patients, that the people who live with them, like carers and family have a right to be involved. <br/> My husband can be so modest at appointments, and isn't entirely honest about...
<t>I think it's really important as a carer to see the consultants with the person you care for. I have found that consultants don't really get to know the person well before making important desisions about treatment plans, which leaves the poor person needing help in the first place to not only de...
Top Tip I have learned:

Never give someone who suffers from extreme moods a credit card! (or women who like shoes...!!! Image )
Found this forum whilst browsing around the web this morning, thought it might be worth me joining, since I became my husbands full time carer.

So...Hello!! Image
<t>You can expect a young child to stare, or maybe come up and ask questions, but it's such a shame when adults make a point of making someone feel different! <br/> A man who's house was burnt down used to live near me, and he had scars on pretty much all of his visable skin, and the poor guy couldn...
<t>Just wondering if carers are given a say in these new medical assessments?<br/> <br/> As a lot of you will have noticed, especially involving mental health issues, the person claiming DLA can make things seem better than they are (with mood disorders, if they are feeling a bit happy). If they don...