[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It's difficult to accept when our mothers (or fathers) start "regressing" and cease being the person we spent our lives respecting. Some part of our brain still thinks of them as "the grown-up", the one we can turn to for answers or help us get out of trouble. So to a certain extent, we resent them ...
<t>Thanks Bertie, and you've provided some great advice in return. I admit that coming home is my downfall - a few hours of feeling the wind in my hair or the sun on my face is wonderful, but then it's back to the grind - Mum needs the toilet, there's dinner to prepare, the cats must be fed, and on ...
<t>What is it with manufacturers of products for the disabled - don't they know many of those disabled are in wheelchairs? <br/> <br/> I'm trying to renovate my mum's bathroom at the moment. She had a wall-mounted corner washbasin and couldn't get her legs under it far enough to get close to it, mai...
Hi BertieBear http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif The thread seems to have slid off the topic, but I'd just like to recommend that you get OUT of the house if at all possible. As Evedan said, go meet up with friends, or go out and make some new ones. Instead of watching TV, go watch a movi...
Hi youngcarer, and welcome http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_biggrin.gif I know how you feel - we all do. This is a common problem with carers - other people don't understand and they usually lose patience when you can't just drop everything and meet them for coffee and shopping! But there is one ...
G'day backatya, Aussiecarer, and welcome to the forum. I'm down south in Victoria and care for my Mum who is in a wheelchair, been doing it for over 20 years now. Hopefully you've applied for - and get - the carer's pension as well as the carer's allowance. I also get quite a lot of help through the...
Please, let's give it a rest. Image
There are people out there as we chatter making money from exactly those things, believe it or not. The only difference is, they take it a bit more seriously... Jockeys, equine trainers, veterinary nurses and pet groomers, dance and exercise coaches, restaurant critics, magazine editors and authors...
I am afraid, SandySea, that if you knowingly make controversial statements you can hardly complain if they court controversy. Don't be afraid, Parsifal. While you might see something as a controversial statement, I see it as a benign comment. While you see something as a debate, I see it as a discu...
<t>[quote] I'm not the type of person who could just dump my mother in a nursing home, but many can. We made the choice to be the caring person, and it WAS a choice even if we don't, or refuse to, recognise it.<br/> <br/> ]<br/> <br/> I used the word "dump" on purpose. I was referring to the UNCARIN...