Do you have help from district nurses

Has your doctor told you about continuing health care which is when the NHS can pay for supportive care for your mum whilst in her own home.

He should be able to point you in the right direction.

But hugs.

Joan x
Just wanting to have a rant and vent my feelings!!! Been to see mum today ..I go three or sometimes four times a week as she has no other visitors. .I'm an only child and my daughter lives fifty or so miles away. She has been in the home since beginning of January 2019 following a months stay in hos...
Oh Jen, My heart goes out to you! Having looked after my mother (she's now 92 and I'm 72 and an only child) I know exactly where you're coming from. And your position will be harder than mine was because you have TWO parents to care for. You really do have to take all the advice given by the other p...
Hi Gloria. Such good advice from all the kind people on this forum, I really can't think of anything to add. One thing did spring to mind though. Is there a Women's Institute in your area? If there is and when you're feeling up to it that might be a good idea to join them. A neighbour(72 year old) o...
Sorry Simon. Should have said AA for your DAD.. Attendance Allowance and continuing health care is for the person who is ill. Not for the carers.
Hi Simon. I would certainly be obtaining power of attorney for your father. Much bettercto do it now whilst he hss capacity to agree. Also do you know about Attendance Allowance for your mum. Also you need to familiarise yourself with Continuing Health Care if you don't already know about it. Google...
Hi Karen. Ramble on as much as you like.! ! It's very therapeutic!!!!! And we're all here to listen and offer any advice we can. One thing I've thought of is does your mum receive attendance allowance. She would, I'm sure, certainly qualify from what you have told us. It's a tax free social security...
P.S. sorry should have added that mum did not have to pay for the bed and you shouldn't have to as well.
My mum is in a nursing home and has been issued with a special profiling bed because of her needs. Severe osteoporosis. Vertebrae gone at nearly every level. Skin over spine very thin and now broken and sore. Please also ask for a Continuing Health Care assessnent. The home should be able to point y...
Hi again Davina. Glad some one mentioned disregard of council tax. A person can get this if they are in receipt of attendance allowance, live alone and also been diagnosed with dementia. Ring the council tax people and see what the procedure is. I got it for my mum and also a refund of about £2000. ...