[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Georgie Girl. Yes , make sure she is in a care home which offers residential care as well as nursing care, so if her needs do change you won't have to move her . Also, does your mum receive Attendance Allowance which is a tax free social security benefit which is not means tested Good luck with ever...
Hello Joan and Christine. Sorry I haven't acknowledged your posts sooner. Not been on the site for months, soreeee. Anyway just a brief word to say hope you are both coping as best you can in these strangest of times and I do hope that things are improving for you both. Things plod on with my mum an...
Thank you Anne and Pet for your replies. Yes it is so lovely to see mum so settled and much happier then she was. I keep on phoning and video linking with her and today was able to visit her outside at the home and she was fine!! Although at one point when I said I might be able to wheel her to the ...
Hi everyone In a nutshell. . My mother has now been in nursing care for the last 18 months. On Easter Sunday she suddenly became very ill and deteriorated rapidly. Doctor gave her two to three days to live with the possibility of even dieing that night! Because of the Covid situation I said my goodb...
Hello again!!! ' re your remark about having a support worker to take over for a few hours . I'm sure there will be voluntary group in your area who offer a "volunteer visiting scheme ". If there is perhaps you could try and persuade your mum to let them come for an hour or two? As an excuse for the...
Hello there!!!! Yes in my area of North Yorkshire there is the Carers Resource and in the past I did approach them for moral support. It was just good to talk to someone about everything My husband is extremely supportive as are my friends. However, I suppose sometimes they might have got fed up of ...
Hi ontheaverage!! It's me again!! I am 73 and my mum is 93. I am an only child with one married daughter who lives fifty miles away and she has a 12 year old son. Ever since I retired at the age of 60 I regularly visited mum who used to live in her own bungalow. She had no friends or relatives to vi...
Hi, it's me again!! The Yorkshire mum!!! You mentioned about writing a list for when you go see your GP. A great idea!! In fact why don't you write the list and when you see him/her just GIVE him/her a copy of the list. This will ensure that you don't suddenly "back out" of telling the GP everything...
Dear ontheaversge, I am old enough to be your mum and feel so very sorry for you and the position you're in. PLEASE , PLEASE go and see your GP and let him know how depressed you feel. In my humble opinion you do sound to be on the edge of a nervous break down and if you become more poorly you won't...
Y for Yule log