Just to say thinking of you and your daughters and sending a very big hug to you all.
Love Joan x
My mum had dementia/lived alone and had been diagnosed a few years before I claimed exemption of council tax. She lived in the Bradford met area and ended up with the claim backdated to the date when she was officially diagnoaed with dementia. The rules were that a person claiming exemption had to a...
I keep a pair of nail scissors in my handbag so when I visit mum in her care home I will cut them regularly to keep them short. Sometimes though, she's "not in the mood" and I have to leave them. I akways have a packet of baby wipes handy to keep her hands clean.
Hi Bowling Bun and Pet. Yes, I am packing things up in short spurts as you suggest. But still leaving some ornaments on display so that when I do come to show potential buyers around it will look like a home and not just a shell. And yes I am keeping a diary like you suggest. I must say the sister i...
Thank you Pet, bowling bun and Mrs average for your understanding and kind advice.. Mum still has lots of insight and knows her home address. I think this makes it worse somehow. I am going to Google sundowning and also the site you told me about Mrs Average. The CPN is due to visit mum on the 11th ...
Mum has been in the nursing home for eight weeks now plus four weeks in hospital prior to N.H admission. She is not settling, very angry and blaming me for "putting " her there. Staff says she becomes more distressed after tea , demanding to go home . They say she is grieving and they are organising...
Hello Pet, Your husband's needs might be managed but they are STILL managed needs and should be taken into consideration. See page 43 of the NHS national framework for continuing health care . You sound to have a good social worker on your side..I'll Just keep everything crossed that you're successf...
Hi everyone. As you know mum now in nursing home self funding. Checklist 're Continuing Health Care completed but only scoring a B for skin integrity even though District nurse and myself think it should be an A. Anyway, I've just thought of something. The wound in question (which she has had for ne...
Pet ,
Just to say thinking of you and your husband. Sending a big hug. X Joan
Hello Sally, So sorry to hear of your situation and I can see how hard it must be for you to have quality time together . If your husband is in agreement to move elsewhere I certainly think it would best for you to discuss in the first instance with your doctor and/or the district nurse team if they...