[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi I haven't posted here in ages but this is fairly urgent and I can't think where to turn for help. We employ carers privately for my mum, who is 96 and is completely disabled through late stage Parkinsons, stroke and other conditions. Privately because a) we were advised by Social Services to do s...
Thanks, BB - just seen that reply ... and the topic is about to come up again as mum's being reviewed by the therapy team. So we may well get a revision to the care plan - and that could be a good time to consider direct payments. In the intervening months, I spoke to a couple of other care agencies...
Thanks Henrietta I think I have a very laid back attitude, and certainly have never blamed carers for any broken crockery, etc ... I don't want them to have to worry about that sort of thing. I know they're under horrendous pressure from rota managers who have double-booked them (and at the same tim...
Hi I think the sports bottle is a good idea for someone who doesn't have swallowing difficulties (and even then you could probably use thickened fluids in it), but just to add another possibility, I look after my mum, who's 92 and has Parkinson's, dexterity problems after stroke and occasional jerky...
.... further to my last post on damage caused by carers, there's another thing that's been making me feel at the end of my tether over the last couple of days. I'm not sure I want to admit to it, but I can't discuss it with my OH who will go ballistic. This is horrible - earlier this week I found so...
Thanks both. Normally I wouldn't make a fuss but I'm feeling a bit worn down by it all ... we have some lovely carers but there are a couple who really take the biscuit. Actually we did once have someone who routinely scoffed whole packets of biscuits while at ours ... I don't mind, within reason, a...
Hello I so rarely make it on here (2 parents in their 90s, both complex medical issues, only offspring and trying to stay in full time work...) I'm embarrassed to raise a relatively trivial question, but curious to know what people think. Does anyone have any experience with damage caused by agency ...
Are we seeing a bit of a theme here ... ?

See another recent article link in "Boiling blood", a recent post by bowlingbun (Members' Corner)
Brilliant, thank you! :)
Hi Jon - I'm relatively new here myself, but have already had loads of support from people on here and from the Carers UK helpline number. Also our local carer's support centre, where I went in desperation one morning - in such a state that I actually locked my way out of the house on the way! - I w...