[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>TOPICS NO LONGER WERE GOOGLED.I DONT KNOW WHETHER THIS WAS CARERS UK POLOCY OR GOOGLE POLICY,WHATEVER IT WAS BAD.CARERS JOBS ARE GETTING HARDER AS SERVICES SHRINK.WE NEED TO MAKE OURSELVES MORE VISIBLE.I HAVE RECENTLY BECOME A CARER FOR A PATIENT WITH A STOMA.HOSPITAL ADVICE ON DISCHARGE OFTEN WR...
<t>Rob Larkman has left his £145k job as Chief Executive of the Whittington hospital whose A & E dept was saved by 10,00 protesters marching under the leadership of the charismatic Shirley Franklin of the Defend the Whittington Coalition.Mr Larkman,it appears,did not go of his own volition.NHS ...
<t>Brenda Williams has protested against cuts to the NHS for a staggering ten years outside London's Royal Free Hospital.Her placards- professionally printed and laminated -are put up each day,attached to railings with garden ties.Camden Council has three times seized her placards,totally ignoring S...
<t>How much education does a carer need?Where does he/she get it?This -for once is a question,not an answer.Mostly by experience,of course,but books help,some more than others.Attending meetings can be very stressful as tempers fray when cut loom.If cuts are coming that will affect you now is time t...
<t>Over the 35 years I've been a carer I must have reserved hundreds-possiby a few thousand- books I needed to consult specifically on carer issues.Many were American and all would have been hugely expensive to buy and where would I have been without my local library?The net gives useful hints but c...
<t>Unacceptable/antisocial behaviour should always be reported,whatever form it takes- two incidents of racial slurs and sexual harassment have been reported to me within the last few days and if you or the person you care for is a victim of these crimes-and they are crimes-then the matters needs an...
<t>According to DSM4TR(the psychiatrist's manual) there are 10 PD's,another register says 12 and in his "Spectrum of Borderline Personality Disorders'Meissner lists 416.I suspect Meissner is right.PD usually presents as something else to begin with.PD is difficult to diagnose and even more difficult...
<t>10% of patients with this illness suicide,only in depression(15%) is the risk higher.I have been down this road of "Confidentiality" and other problematic issues around this illness for many years.As next of kin you have a legal right to insist that your son is given an immediate assesment as 'a ...
<t>There are two groups of medication available-'typical'like Respiridone and 'atypical' like Clozapine.Their effectiveness isn't very great (usually acting as 'chemical coshes')and all-as carers have commented-have serious and if unwatched potentially life threatening side-effects.In psychotic illn...
<t>This demeaning of Freud,the casual dismissal of one of the two most seminal minds of the nineteenth century-with Marx one of the two 'masters of suspicion'who permanently altered the way we live our lives,the way we think,the very ways in which our society is organised comes from the lips of of t...